PDA

View Full Version : 37 gallon...which fish?

missourigrl
07-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Ok, I'm back. I am going to be settinng up my 37 gallon eclipse system in a few weeks. I thought I'd try cichlids, but they sound like they might be a little too complicated for me and most of them get too big for my tank. So, I'm back asking which fish should I put in my 37 gallon? I'm looking for a variety of peaceful fish that will be fun to have and are easy to care for.

Thanks!

Patryck
07-20-2006, 06:26 PM
I like Tiger Barbs, but I cant promise you they will be peaceful. Mine chase each other around constantly, so far none have become injured though.

Im adding Serpae Tetras this weekend, and hoping they can get along. Wish me luck. ;)

William
07-20-2006, 11:19 PM
There are a number of cichlids that are small enoug for your tank and suitable for beginners.

One of the most common ones are kribs. They can be kept with a number of other species included allready suggested tiger barbs.

missourigrl
07-20-2006, 11:51 PM
That's funny you mentioned kribs...I was just looking up some info on Kribs on the net. They're a strong possibility.

William
07-21-2006, 02:18 AM
They are the #1 beginner cichlids

missourigrl
07-21-2006, 03:27 AM
I have hard water and they require soft...should I maybe look at cichlids that live in hard water?
The shell dwellers are kinda cool.

William
07-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Depends on the water where you live but Kribs to well in semi hard water. Kribs to well in most waters and should do well in your water as long as it is not extreme.

The shell dwellers are cool however you limit your options in regards to with other fish you can keep in the tank if you keep them.