PDA

View Full Version : The Crayfish (high noise images)

Richard Peche
01-14-2014, 12:51 PM

Richard Peche
01-22-2014, 01:35 PM
Another one, taken just after he molted.

talldutchie
01-22-2014, 01:42 PM
That's asking too much from your camera it seems. You're 2/3 of a stop underexposed and the camera is clearly struggling.

Composition and focus are pretty good though!

Richard Peche
01-22-2014, 01:54 PM
That's asking too much from your camera it seems. You're 2/3 of a stop underexposed and the camera is clearly struggling.

Composition and focus are pretty good though!

Yip, ISO 1600 has never been it's strong point!

It's quite a deep tank and I'm only running two 20w T8 bulbs so I'm probably being optimistic.

AmandaYiu
01-22-2014, 10:23 PM
May I ask where did you buy the blue crayfish? Are they found wild where you are located??

-Take a gander at my fish tanks here (http://crayfishfacts.org/crawfish-season-time/) and let me know
-usually men are fishkeepers but I am a woman!

Richard Peche
01-22-2014, 10:38 PM
It's from North America as far as I know. So it's definitely not local.

A local pet store had them. Lots of advice on them too.

talldutchie
01-23-2014, 05:37 AM
Surprised they let those into the country. North American lobsters are a major problem here.

Richard Peche
01-23-2014, 07:03 AM
Surprised they let those into the country. North American lobsters are a major problem here.

I have tried to find out what species are restricted or require permits but there is no information on it anywhere. I can only assume that there are no restrictions. If restrictions should come to light, then legitimate actions will need to be taken.

I know for example, that you can't keep any indigenous snake or lizard without a special licence. However, I only know that because I know several people with the licence and not because it is a well-known law.

I would imagine that there is concern that people will release these crayfish into the local rivers etc. which would quickly become a disaster. Though, they were not available for sale to any and all! Unless the salesmen (whom I know fairly well) is satisfied that you can look after a more 'exotic' creature, you simply will not get one!

talldutchie
01-23-2014, 09:14 AM
That's a very good attitude!