PDA

View Full Version : went out on a bit of an impulse

~Erik3.8.07~
11-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Was at my lfs today picking up a new master test kit and a new impeller for my filter and saw that they just got a new shipment of angelfish in and couldnt resist. He (or she?) was labled as a black lace but looks more like a marble angelfish to me. what do you guys think?

(p.s. Sorry for the bad pictures, he/she is still nervous and hiding. I'll get a better pick when he/she gets comfortable and comes out more.)

~Erik3.8.07~
11-04-2007, 10:25 PM
btw do angelsfish except flake foods?

Fishalicious
11-04-2007, 10:55 PM
He/she is cute ;) ;) Congrats - it is hard to see from the pic but it looks like a mix coming closest to a Clown Black

Angelfish will eat ANYTHING - give the angelfish a few days to settle and watch the begging start everytime you go near the tank

~Erik3.8.07~
11-04-2007, 11:33 PM
He/she is cute ;) ;) Congrats - it is hard to see from the pic but it looks like a mix coming closest to a Clown Black

Angelfish will eat ANYTHING - give the angelfish a few days to settle and watch the begging start everytime you go near the tank

hmmm after looking at him a little closer it seems to have the fins of a black lace and the body coloration of a clown, he's coming out and exploring more now so hopefully i get can get a better pic up soon

Incredulous_Ed
11-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Watch out for the serpae tetras nipping the angels fish's fins.

tropfish
11-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Pretty angel. Sometimes impluse buys can be good. Sometimes haha

smaug
11-05-2007, 11:57 PM
congrats on your angelsfish.From what I can see its a good looking one.I have one left but I have had a few.They are truly an interesting fish.Is it your first one?

squirt_12
11-06-2007, 12:00 AM
very nice angelfish. My nanny has one that looks exactly the same and they are VERY beautiful.

~Erik3.8.07~
11-06-2007, 12:15 AM
yup, its my first, never planned on owning one either but just shows you never know what you'll end up with ;)

Edit: o and thx for the compliments everyone, my angel really appreciates them ;)
(btw a better pic is in the POTM if any1's interested)

~Erik3.8.07~
11-06-2007, 05:37 PM
ok a little later today im going to my lfs to get some new life spectrum, is there any particular formula or any other foods that would be good for my angel? He/she doesnt seem to fond of flakes, and im running out of baby brine shrimp.

Incredulous_Ed
11-06-2007, 07:08 PM
NLS seems good as the main diet, maybe supplement with hiikari "gold" (i think) cichlid pllets, as I have heard good things about. you can also feed freeze dried shrimp once a week, and maybe tubifex worm blocks as a treat.

~Erik3.8.07~
11-06-2007, 07:13 PM
ok thx a bunch ed

Fishguy2727
11-06-2007, 07:54 PM
NLS is ideal and all that is needed, it really should be fed exclusively. Don't worry about what the label says, pay attention to whether it floats or sinks and the size. The last time I had angels they very quickly got used to the UGF riser tube I used to put their sinking NLS right in the corner they hung out in. As soon as the tube was in the water they were swimming around it waiting for the food, which they would peck at the whole time it sank.

~Erik3.8.07~
11-06-2007, 08:21 PM
so sinking stuff is best for them? i was just planning on getting the community nls stuff

smaug
11-06-2007, 08:56 PM
dont fret so much about whether or not the food sinks or not.once they get used to your tank you will have to worry about them eating too much.Angels are pigs.A food that I use everyday for my angel as well as the rest of my fish are frozen brine shrimp with spirulina.It is like a piranah feeding frenzy and it all gets eaten with no waste.You say this is your first angel?Read up on them,if you wwant hime to get as big as possible and have all the finnage he should have then keep a good eye on water conditions.They are not horribly difficult to keep but they take some work to keep well.

Fishguy2727
11-07-2007, 03:40 AM
Mine liked sinking, and all the NLS stuff right for angels sinks, so it is fine. I would use a bowl though, keeps the tank cleaner. They will learn very quickly to eat from a bowl on the bottom.

~Erik3.8.07~
11-07-2007, 11:33 AM
I would use a bowl though, keeps the tank cleaner. They will learn very quickly to eat from a bowl on the bottom.

ooo good idea, i never thought of that, maybe i could do that with the algea wafers too, thx fishguy

Lady Hobbs
11-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Watch that angel impluse buying. That's what got me in trouble after buying 9 of those buggers.

Mine ate flake.

~Erik3.8.07~
11-10-2007, 01:42 AM
well i dont need to worry about that, after hearing about all your past angel problems i'm too afraid to have more then one in the tank lol:wink2:

i just wanted to have this one just to have somethin a little bit different to look at in the tank