PDA

View Full Version : Too many Yo Yo Loaches in 55g?

punkhazard
11-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Hi,

I have a 55g with 11 yoyo loaches (2 older, probably 5 years old, other 9 are all young), I also have 5 cory melanistius. With all these bottom dwellers I'm worried there might be overcrowding on the bottom level of the tank, what do you guys think? Should I considering returning some of the loaches? Would that be damaging to their social hierarchy if I returned a couple of them?

Thanks

toddnbecka
11-26-2013, 06:55 AM
I'd recommend moving out the Cory cats, yoyo's are more active and competitive at feeding time.

Fishkeeper
12-06-2013, 03:21 AM
I second that. Yoyos are awesome little things, but they're hyper buggers and will definitely gobble the food right out from under the cories.

phyl0x
12-18-2013, 01:28 PM
I've got 6 yo yo and 4 clown loaches of my own in a 55g. The only problem I'm seeing is that the damn yo yos can never sit still when eating. They literally push the other loaches away to get a bite out of whatever wafer I put down and then swim all over the place to bump the next one off to get their share. They can't seem to stick with the one they are already on, even if it is the same food, lol!

Knightia
12-18-2013, 05:40 PM
I'd say 11 is really pushing it, even without the cories.