PDA

View Full Version : My New Monos Not Eating..!!!!!

shamis
11-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Hi guys.... i recently bought a pair of mono angel, each of 2.5 inches. They are really active and there is now sign of any disease. but its been 48 hrs, they are not showing any interest to the food, I offered them pellets, flakes, blood worms and even I tried green leaves but nothing worked. Sometimes they take the food into their mouth and then throw it out again, and most of the time they just look at it but never try to eat. I know its their new home but i have never seen this kind of situation before. I had oscars, giant gourami , gold fishes, angelfish, mollies guppies etc. i dont remember that anyone of them did this kind of thing or may be I m new to monos... So please help me that is it normal ??

extra detail: I turned my freshwater tank to brackish water by adding 3 teaspoon per gallon of marine salt for monos.... nitrates/nitrites levels are fine. Everything seems good accept they are not eating.... Please help... !!! :scry:

genocidex
11-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Give it a couple more days they will eat eventually.

shamis
11-15-2013, 01:07 PM
its 3rd day now, i mean 60 hrs... how long will it take ?? what do you think please help me.... :(

genocidex
11-15-2013, 01:25 PM
When i took my bush fish home he didnt eat for 5 days. Eventually they will eat. Something else you can do is ask the previous owner if they were eating an if so what they were eating, try offering that to them.

Btw those i just looked up, are carnivores so offer them blood worms and brine shrimp not leafy greens

Stlouisfish
11-15-2013, 03:14 PM
+1 - fish take different amounts of time to feel comfortable in new surroundings - also, by saying your nitrites & nitrates are "fine" - I assume this means your tank is fully cycled? How large of a tank is it?

KingFisher
11-15-2013, 03:28 PM
What was the salinity of the tank they came from? It is important to make changes in salinity gradually to avoid stressing the fish. This could be the cause.