PDA

View Full Version : advice please

mitcore
11-01-2007, 08:48 AM
i am picking up a breeding pair of angels,
they have fry with them so i guess that means they are good breeders
i need to know how offen they breed and what water conditions they like?
also what is the survival rate of transporting the fry with the parents?

any advice would be helpful

thanks all

CAF
11-01-2007, 12:35 PM
I can't speak for moving fry with parents. If they are breeding match the water they are currently at. If you remove the eggs and hatch them elsewhere, they can spawn every 6 to 10 days.

Lady Hobbs
11-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Like CAF, I don't know how the fry will do at moving but if they are moved separate from the parents they will do better. The parents will be nervous and excited at their new home and may kill them.

I had 4 pair of angels and they breed every 2 1/2-3 weeks. That was more than enough for me as they get pretty aggressive during this period and should have a home of their own.

Large water changes and temp of 80. No salt, no charcoal and you should do fine with them. They will do a good job of riping up amazon swords during breeding if you have them in the tank. If not, they will use anything upright like a piece of pvc pipe, a spawning slate if it's tall or the filter tube. 3 days until the wiggler stage.

Angels aren't that great of parents. It's best to move them into a smaller tank until done spawning and then move the parents back out.

Algenco
11-01-2007, 01:05 PM
I would separate the young. When stressed the adults will eat them