PDA

View Full Version : Buying from ebay

Norway
08-17-2013, 12:30 PM
Hi.

Buying articles for the aquarium on ebay seems like a much cheaper option than buying articles from pet shops (which, here in Norway, seriously over-prize their products). I do not, however, have any experience with ebay. Is it generally safe to use? Are you generally satisfied with what you receive?

- Norway

twiztidtunes
08-17-2013, 12:42 PM
generally it is safe along with Paypal they offer buyer protection. They will refund your money if you do not receive your item. You have to contact Paypal within 45 days of your purchase. You can see more info in the site.

talldutchie
08-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Generally safe especially with sellers with a long and good feedback history. Would advice you to check norwegian import regulations, get it wrong and that bargain is suddenly very expensive.

Lady Hobbs
08-17-2013, 03:20 PM
I would shop from an online fish store before I'd buy from Ebay. Fish stores offer sales and also deals on shipping. Ebay sellers often jack up shipping prices to make it appear as their prices are low.

Greentoads41
08-17-2013, 04:40 PM
I've used ebay quite a bit, and I have yet to have a transaction that something went wrong. Most of my purchases have been for accessories for my aquarium, around $100 and below. I always check other sites to see where I can get the price (it's not easy, as some products may always be a little different) and ebay does tend to come out on top a lot. Amazon works well too. But like LH said, make sure you check those shipping prices. Good luck!