PDA

View Full Version : Herd of neons

Lady Hobbs
10-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Finally was able was get 2 dozen neons to go with my others yesterday and since I bought all they had, will have to wait another week for more. I was able to pick up a few black neons and also some gold tetra's. I like the gold tetra's. Hope to get a gaggle of them, as well.

Platies are in the tank now only to keep plants clean and hoping to move them back out soon and have only neons in this tank.

msjinkzd
10-31-2007, 04:13 PM
Neat! I think large schools of tetras make a very impressive display.

markbob
11-01-2007, 12:10 AM
That's a really great looking school Hobbs, are the different types schooling together? It looks like they are in the pic but it could just be the way the pic turned out.

gm72
11-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Are the golds to which you refer gold pristella tetras? LOVE them.

Futureboy
11-01-2007, 12:50 AM
ohhh everyone loves neons

they would look great in your planted tank hobbs

Lady Hobbs
11-01-2007, 02:35 AM
They are in a planted tank, FutureBoy. A 29 gallon planted. They can't go in the larger planted tank due to the featherfin who kills them.

Yes, the black neons and neons took right off swimming together. This was surprising to me as well.

The gold tetra was labeled only as that.......gold tetra. They are very pretty.

I'm not into livebearers at all but saw the prettiest guppies. They were called blonde guppies but were bright, bright pink and really made a nice wave of color. Why would they be called blonde if they are pink? The were labeled "male blonde guppies" so maybe the blondes are females? The always bring in the male gourami's as well. I did read somewhere that many breeders will sort out the males for selling but keep as many females as possible as those are their money makers.

lasm
11-01-2007, 02:59 AM
Congrats hobbs... they look really nice.

RichBowyer
11-01-2007, 03:01 AM
They do look good. I have trouble keeping neons as they tend to vanish on me, I think through the overflow slots. I need fatter neons.

Futureboy
11-01-2007, 04:32 AM
oh i thought you only had the large one

nevermind then :rolleyes:

it didnt seem like 2 dozen till i counted them

Futureboy
11-01-2007, 04:34 AM
my goodness im going blind i didnt even notice the plants below them

mitcore
11-01-2007, 08:52 AM
looks awesome
i love the colourful display

Nick_Pavlovski
11-02-2007, 11:33 AM
They were called blonde guppies but were bright, bright pink and really made a nice wave of color. Why would they be called blonde if they are pink?

Is that what they mean by "strawberry blonde"? :hmm3grin2orange: