PDA

View Full Version : Satish

saharsha13
07-30-2013, 11:04 PM
Hi!

My name is satish. I leave in the province of Ontario, Canada. I have a 10 gallon indoor aquarium. I had pair of Golden Barb and Gold fish. I was not aware that these both fish has a different habitat and can not be kept to gather. ( one is cold water and other is tropical). during annual cleaning of aquarium, I transferred both pair of fishes in a big glass jar using the water from the aquarium but unfortunately one fish of each pair died and I am left with one golden barb (@2cms length) and one gold fish(@6 cms length). Recently to my surprise I found a bulging of the belly of my Golden barb like it is caring eggs but how it is possible? by any chance it breeds with gold fish? or it has some disease? I would appreciate if I get the response to this on my E-mail saharsha13@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Satish

Strider199
07-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Welcome to the AC Satish. :22:
Your right, barbs and goldfish dont share the same habitat.
Female fish can develop eggs without a male being present. The eggs are fertilized after the female lays them by the male. If no male is present the female will absorb the eggs back into her system without harm. No goldfish and barbs will not breed even though a barb is a type of carp as are goldfish.
Are the scales sticking out from the body of your barb? If so you might want to research dropsy.
Now that introductions are done you may want to post your question in the appropriate section, you'll get more help there. Good luck.

steeler58
07-31-2013, 01:32 AM
I'll just welcome you to the forum for now, so welcome aboard!

eltylT
07-31-2013, 01:37 AM
Hello :22:and Welcome thumbs2:to the AC .:19:

gadget228
07-31-2013, 09:49 AM
Welcome to the AC... :22:

Cyberra
07-31-2013, 09:33 PM
Welcome to the community