PDA

View Full Version : Any experiences with L./A. curviceps?

Neptune
01-19-2005, 06:45 AM
Just wondering about other's experiences with this fish in a community setup. I picked up a (supposed) pair tonight and they seemed to adjust to my 40 gal. tank very quickly. They are currently housed with two Celebes halfbeaks, 2 gold tetras (adding more), an oto (also adding more), 4 honeycomb tatias and a clown plec. The tank has only been setup for three days (just moved), and I rearranged the driftwood and rocks to create many more caves than I had before.........my honeycombs, pleco, and now the curviceps seem to like the new layout.

I'm wondering if they will breed in a communtiy setup such as mine. Ph currently 7.4, but dropping slowly as the new water is introduced. Tap water tested at 6.4 straight from tap, but almost dead on 7.0 after 24 hours. Ammonia and nitrite levels remain stable after the move, both reading zero. Same for nitrate, staying just below 10ppm. Have yet to get the gh readings, but will soon. Tank is a 40 gal. BR. Water changes of 25% every other day on average. Was heavily planted, now moderately planted with three new plant species introduced. No Co2 supplementation and very light fertilization.

Anonymous
01-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Just noticed there's a Dwarf Cichlid forum - oops! Should have posted this there........

Neptune
01-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Oops again - forgot to log in!

William
01-22-2005, 02:36 PM
My experience say that they might very well breed, however they will have a very hard time raising their young in a community tank.