PDA

View Full Version : Boesemani's - Do a little dance, make a little love

Longshot
06-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Looks as though my pair of Boesemani's are beginning to court. Yesterday and today they have been going to the same spot in my tank, aligning themselves in the same direction, rubbing faces and "shivering".:l19: The male has been flashing the brightest colors since I have owned them. It is a pity that I have nowhere safe to let them breed and with the others in my tank, I'm sure the eggs will become food. Even if they hatch, the iridescent sharks will have the fry with a shake. I don't even have any java moss or the like for them to spawn in, I hope this will not lead to my lil girl becoming egg bound. Just thought I would share and see what is to be said, thanx for reading.

mommy1
06-10-2013, 04:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7RRLC5slLo

Slaphppy7
06-10-2013, 04:40 PM
^^ :hmm3grin2orange:

Sandz
06-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Gotta love breeding colors. It was my biggest driver to get fish to breed in the first place. Glad to know they are happy.

Greentoads41
06-10-2013, 05:17 PM
I had the same experience with a couple australian rainbows awhile back, they weren't very good parents, and they ate all their eggs. Ah, the circle of life. It must be even better with a more colorful rainbow species like boesman's.

Longshot
06-10-2013, 05:22 PM
BWAHAAAAAHAHAAA, Thats funny. Thx HB!
I'm glad to see that they are apparently happy as well. I may try to find something for them to lay in, then I may use a drilled piece of acrylic to wall off that portion of the tank and run the parents out so they can hatch and grow, we shall see if I can get this to work.

Slaphppy7
06-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Pics, please!

Longshot
06-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Been trying to get pictures, but they move when I approach the tank with the camera. I suppose they aren't ready to start their career as Spawn Stars.

Sandz
06-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Any viable eggs?

Longshot
06-17-2013, 04:41 PM
Not yet :( , I went out today looking for java moss or spawning mops for them but no dice. They are still courting like mad though, so I have hope yet. Got other goodies though, new thread about that coming up.