PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish and Severum?

FishyFellow
05-22-2013, 01:43 PM
I know this could be a potentially dangerous combination, but I believe I can make it work. Will angelfish and severum be compatible in a 40g? Any advice would be excellent. What I want to know is which should I purchase smaller, and who will bully who, If I purchase the severum at all.

I'm in the process of cycling my 40g hex, and the plan is to stock it with a mating pair of angels, some sort of bottom feeder, and potentially severum, depending on the feedback I recieve here.

Goes to 11!
05-22-2013, 01:50 PM
No, To all of the above. Not together, Not separate, Not at all.

IMO a 40 HEX tank is not appropriate for an adult sev at all [Even solo]

Also I wouldn't risk having a pair [even mated] of angels in a tank with such a tiny footprint.

[This is mentioned on here all the time wrt angels-->] If One of them decides to claim a 'territory' there will be nowhere for the other to get out of the first ones 'space'.

That scenario ends with one dead angel.

:22:

Sandz
05-22-2013, 01:51 PM
In a 40g breeder, maybe... In a 40 gallon hex, definitely not. Hex is meant for top to bottom, you need to also consider the same fish you would for a 20 gal tank as far as schoolers.

talldutchie
05-22-2013, 06:32 PM
A mated pair of angels could just maybe work. Throw in a severum and you're looking at guaranteed carnage. Believe what you want, I don't see this ending well.

kim92
05-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Not a good idea. I don't think a 40 hex would be OK for a single angel. I'm sure it would not be OK for a single severum. It may work for a pair of angels. But I would keep it bare bottom with nothing but a breeding cone in there with them. Definitely not any other fish,

I would look into dwarf cichlids, small schooling fish, or possibly small African cichlids.