PDA

View Full Version : Immobile Cory?

Munko
10-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Hi, I have four cories - 2 peppered, 2 albinos. My tank is very healthy right now with perfect parameters. My corys have always been happy and playful, especially the albinos. All of a sudden, one of the albinos has become very listless and he has lost some of his sheen. He looks gaspy, although no other outward signs of problems. All other inhabitants - cories, dwarf gouramis, and platies look happy, energetic and colourful.

What could this be?

Lady Hobbs
10-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Who knows? Fish get sick, too, and nothing lives forever without some problems. I have 4 corys and one never does anything. I figure he must be busy at night as he sure is no fun during the day.

~Erik3.8.07~
10-27-2007, 06:48 PM
when did you get them, he may have just been exploring the whole tank and now that he's seen everything and knows its safe, he may just want to sit around. All cories are different, I have one that is always going and the another that sits around and digs all day

cocoa_pleco
10-27-2007, 06:48 PM
if hes gasping something may develop, just wait a while

Munko
10-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks for all your answers guys. I have had him for about three weeks. I am going to keep a close eye on him and hope he's just settling rather than anything being wrong.

Have a great weekend.

Ps) BAHAHAHA to Hobbs' saying "he must be busy at night because he is pretty boring during the day" !!!!!!!!

Nick_Pavlovski
10-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Does he have somewhere to go to hide?
Is anyone bossing him around at all?

Munko
10-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi, The tank is fairly planted which offers lots of hiding spaces plus I have a huge rock with tons of holes and tunnels which he could have used. Sadly, I found his body this morning. I inspected it, but saw absolutely no signs of what the problem could've been. Tested the parameters again this morning, and no problems. All other fish seem happy and healthy - including the cories. I will replace him with a new albino in the next few days because the albinos seem to be social. Poor little guy, don't know what got him ......

markbob
10-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Sorry to hear that. Good luck with his buddy.

Nick_Pavlovski
10-29-2007, 02:56 AM
Sorry for your loss.
Yes, Corys are social so a replacement would be welcomed by them.