PDA

View Full Version : Killies at petco

blu
10-27-2007, 03:54 AM
Hmm killies must be becoming more available. I saw some golden wonders at petco! And Petco never has anything out of the ordinary. I was so suprised.
Or mabey I just never noticed them...i dont know.Has anyone else?

cocoa_pleco
10-27-2007, 03:57 AM
no petcos here, but stores here have literally an abundance of them. PJ's here has about 30 at a time for sale

blu
10-27-2007, 04:06 AM
Thats a lot..I have only seen them recently in the past couple of weeks. To bad Im not going to shop there anymore..they now use and reccomend aquarium salt.....in ALL their tanks! even the ones with corys and tetras in them. Its got to have toxic levels of it to b/c in every couple of tanks there is a container half filled with salt.Im just too fed up with them(and dont get me started on the bettas I saw tonight i swear they have gotten horrible since I was last there)

cocoa_pleco
10-27-2007, 04:16 AM
ive been to a few petcos, and the ones i were at seemed acceptable. the las vegas, seattle, and california ones seem well maintained, but some stores arent

Nick89
10-28-2007, 09:15 PM
I will NEVER buy fish from a petco again. Ill get supplies but no fish.

A340
10-28-2007, 09:22 PM
The only Killi I've seen is a Golden Wonder at a LFS and I snagged him real quick. Wish I could find more locally, not even PJ's or Big Al's in Vancouver have any.

gm72
10-28-2007, 09:51 PM
I will NEVER buy fish from a petco again. Ill get supplies but no fish.

But if you want to try to hurt them, ditch all of your efforts from them. Markup on supplies there is ridiculous compared to what you can get online.

cocoa_pleco
10-29-2007, 03:38 AM
The only Killi I've seen is a Golden Wonder at a LFS and I snagged him real quick. Wish I could find more locally, not even PJ's or Big Al's in Vancouver have any.

come to PJ's here! they have all the oddball fish, stingrays, pirahnas, and the larger ones have $300 plecos and arrowanas.

the PJ's in the mall i work in (west edmonton mall) has baby arrowanas

A340
10-29-2007, 06:09 AM
come to PJ's here! they have all the oddball fish, stingrays, pirahnas, and the larger ones have $300 plecos and arrowanas.

the PJ's in the mall i work in (west edmonton mall) has baby arrowanas
Do they have Killi's? I'm trying to get a Steel Blue Killifish. I've seen some on-line such as the site that Hobb's provided in her thread, I'm just a little to nervous on having fish shipped though so I'd rather pick one up myself.

cocoa_pleco
10-29-2007, 02:10 PM
last time i went they had about 25-40 golden wonder killies

CAF
10-29-2007, 03:51 PM
All of the PetCos and PetsMarts around here have the Golden Wonders. We also have a local killie club. Check your area for a ocal killie club A340 if you are looking for a specific killie, they may have it.

A340
10-29-2007, 07:02 PM
All of the PetCos and PetsMarts around here have the Golden Wonders. We also have a local killie club. Check your area for a ocal killie club A340 if you are looking for a specific killie, they may have it.
There is unfortunatly no local Killifish clubs around here, there is one in Vancouver, but I'm skeptical on them as it is almost impossible to get hold of them. Even the Canadian Killifish Club is impossible to get hold of plus their website has not been updated for over a year and a half.

Thanks for the tips though!