PDA

View Full Version : need help ASAP PLEASE!

YaYgoldFish
10-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Well i got the firemouth in the tank and while i was ( in the middle of it) doing my water change i had to make him move, so he went under a cave where i could clearly see him and then i see my convict coming over(calmly) and doing what i think is attacking the FM. It looks like the convict is kissing it on the side?? The FM doesn't react to it. Anyone know what i should do? I'm thinking of puting him in the 5g for a week maybe 2 to make sure hes ok, then put the convict in the 5g for a week while the FM explores the 25g without getting attacked.

So..Would he be better off in the 25g or in the 5g hospital tank?

cocoa_pleco
10-26-2007, 09:44 PM
maybe either get a divider or re-arrange all of the territory

YaYgoldFish
10-26-2007, 09:46 PM
So your thinking of maybe taking the fish out and re arranging the tank?i could try but thats going to be hell since its a planted tank..Ill see what i can do. Any one else got ideas?

cocoa_pleco
10-26-2007, 09:51 PM
if you re-arrange the tank the territories get lost and they start allover with making territories, meaning less agression.

that, separation, or a divider are all i can think of

YaYgoldFish
10-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Alright well i just added a 7 inch long pvc pipe ad he went in and i managed to feed him a pellet..Now hes wandering the other side of the tank while the kribs and convicts are checking out the pipe..I was just wondering, do firemouths do better in groups? Because i have to a store next to the lfs and was wondering if i should bring back a buddy for mine..