PDA

View Full Version : head standing

Felisha
07-11-2006, 02:29 AM
hello all! i have a mollie that has been head standing for about a day and a half now. i have no idea what is wrong with her. i have 2 pics to show you but i don't know how to place them in this post. other than other fishes nipping at her body (not her fins) and her head standing, she looks fine. she hasn't been eating; that just started this evening. i've had to isolate her as the other fish has been picking at her. she looks pregnant (can't be sure), she is fatter than usual but no scales are protruding. her anal fin has turned blue. does that mean that she's not getting enough oxygen? all the other fish are fine, no problems whatsoever. a 20 gallon tank and the water conditions are fine, 20% water changes every week. i use 'prime' as a conditioner as well as some salt. i have 3 mollies including her, a betta, 3 chinese algae eaters and 1 pleco.. any help in diagnosing this whatever it is would be very helpful. thanx in advance.

Felisha
07-11-2006, 10:06 PM
just an update: i've found out the problem. she was constipated. but she finally pooped (my gosh!) and now she is fine. i gave her a peeled pea to help as a laxative. she should be good now. thanx....felisha

William
07-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Good to hear.