PDA

View Full Version : My blood parrot attacks me LOL

Lady Hobbs
10-25-2007, 03:35 PM
I think of Incredulous Ed everytime I put my hand in the tank after him reporting his fish attacking him.

One of the parrots just swim away when I reach in the tank but the other one comes charging.

CAF
10-25-2007, 03:42 PM
LOL

Look a hand!!!!

BP1 "Run Away!!!!"
BP2 "I'll kill it... CHARRRRRRGEEEE!!!!!"

LOL

Kaga's Kritters
10-25-2007, 03:51 PM
haha, thats what i love about predatory fish like that.....the oscar i had a few years ago would always follow my hand around, it was so much fun to "play" with him, lol.

Lady Hobbs
10-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Maybe he has some shark in him and my cuts are attracting him. :)

These fish never stop. The angels would take "naps" but these fish are moving constantly. In the plants, mostly, knocking them over and rubbing against them. I think they like to scratch themselves on the plants or possibly find them just annoying.

zackish
10-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Ya....the other night when we were drunk we told my friend to stick his hand into his Midas Cichlid tank......he bled....
12 inch fish is like a ram charging at you.

Incredulous_Ed
10-25-2007, 08:44 PM
hobbs, i feel your pain.

nanaglen2001
10-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Oh Hobbs, if I had my 1000 points I would send you a "band aid"....:hmm3grin2orange:

See how I feel when Barnie chrges??:hmm3grin2orange:

renagade
10-31-2007, 05:31 AM
i also had an oscar that tried to eat my fingers as i broke up food in his tank. scarred hell out of me the fir4st time it happened.:1:

Nautilus291
10-31-2007, 12:10 PM
When my convicts are mating( all the time) the male will attack my hand durring water changes. It scares the crap out of me, I will be cleaning the glass all of a sudden I feel this nip on my hand and there is my convict flared out ready to take another hit.

Lady Hobbs
10-31-2007, 02:43 PM
I was cleaning the glass just this morning.......looking right.........looking left..........hurrying really fast. Honestly, it doesn't even hurt but it startles a person.

zackish
10-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Leme tell you, when I am moving frags around or cleaning the glass in my SW tank, it feels like my clown has teeth some times...he packs a punch and some time it does startle me and I rip my hand out of the water.
What I do now is put my hand in there let him peck it like 3 times then he just follows it around.

digger
11-05-2007, 03:36 PM
when i go to clean my jags tank i have a fish net in one hand and someone watching the fish to let me know when i am about to get bit and believe me that is one fish you do not want to get bit by.the fish net is to scare them away from my hand they dont like it

Lady Hobbs
11-05-2007, 04:08 PM
It is funny to be in a hobby when you're afraid of your fish. LOL I have a glass cutting board exactly 12" wide and sometimes I stick that in the tank for a second so I can do what I need to do. I didn't realize all the while this parrot was attacking that they were about to spawn. He's not so bad now.