PDA

View Full Version : Pic. Are they gonna make it?

Lady Hobbs
10-24-2007, 11:28 PM
As mentioned before, after all my angels were found a new home, I found a spawn in the tank on the filter tube.

I put the tube in my empty tank that is NOT ready for a spawn. All I use the tank for is to toss plants in. I have covered up the filter with a piece of nylon sock, added fungual meds and hoping for a few to make it.

CAF
10-24-2007, 11:32 PM
The ones with fungus are goners. However it appears you have some fry at the head sticker stage. If that is gravel at the bottom of the tank, they most likely will not make it as they will get down into the gravel and be unable to get out once they get to the free swimming stage. Get a bowl, vaccum out the head stickers, clean the tank to a bare bottom, put in a sponge filter and then go from there. 7 day death syndrome is quite common once the fry hatch, so do not be surprised if they all drop dead suddenly.

Having done it for years, I lost at least 10 times the number I managed to grow.

Good Luck.

Rue
10-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Good luck! Whatcha gonna do with any survivers?

Drumachine09
10-25-2007, 02:58 AM
Good luck! Whatcha gonna do with any survivers?

Probobly let them grow up, and then hate them like her last ones, lol!

Lady Hobbs
10-25-2007, 05:11 AM
Found a darned snail in the tank and he had crawled right thru the eggs. What it didn't eat it knocked off. Just a well.

KazAngel
12-17-2007, 12:59 AM
I have been trying to breed my Angels for a few weeks now and I have to totally agree with CAF also turn off the light if you have one or use methelyn (not sure of spelling) blue, this may help a little with the fungus and helps keep the amount of light down. good luck!!