PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO: API Calcium Test [Video]

AllenIsbell
03-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Hey, guys. I wasn't able to find a video online on how to use the API Calcium test when I was trying to figure it out. I did run across a few threads scattered on the internet with people wanting to see a video on how to use it, so I figured I would make one and post it on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EiOXYLSISc

I have received tons of help from numerous members on here, youtube, and other forums.

Just paying it forward.

-Allen

mermaidwannabe
03-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Are you saying there's now a calcium test for freshwater tanks? The only calcium test I've been able to find by API has been for marine tanks. I'd love to be able to determine the amount of calcium available to my snails in my freshwater systems, but haven't found any tests that would show that.

So, is this something new put out by API?

Trillianne
03-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Judging by the marine fish label on the box, and the API website... that's not what he is saying. He's using the only test kit that API offers for Calcium which is the marine/salt water test kit.

AllenIsbell
03-19-2013, 11:17 PM
Are you saying there's now a calcium test for freshwater tanks? The only calcium test I've been able to find by API has been for marine tanks. I'd love to be able to determine the amount of calcium available to my snails in my freshwater systems, but haven't found any tests that would show that.

So, is this something new put out by API?

The box says for saltwater. Where in the video did I mention freshwater? I don't want to confuse anyone! I'm pretty sure all of the calcium that you get in your marine aquarium is introduced and replenished (other than dosing) by the saltwater salt when you do your water changes.