PDA

View Full Version : Translate this!

Lady Hobbs
03-06-2013, 09:14 PM
As I walked past my fish tank, I noticed my Ancistrus cirrhosus laying in an inverted manner. He appeared to have undergone the complete and permanent cessation of all vital functions and respiration appeared to have ceased. Now I will translate. LOLOL

:hmm3grin2orange: My bristlenose appeared to be a goner and sleeping upside down in the middle of the tank. Just as I got a hold of him, he took off like a bat scaring the beans out of me. I've seen him sleeping under rocks, under wood and under plants. Never saw him upside down in the middle of the tank sawing wood before.

fishmommie
03-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the translations Appreciate the simplicity :linedance:

Glad your fish is okay. My BN scared me yesterday, too. I think she'd been sucking on the underside of the driftwood (it's only about a 1/2 inch off the substrate where she was) and I think she must have fallen asleep and dropped to her back and just stayed there.
My heart stopped when I saw her because I thought she was a goner. She wasn't out in the middle of the tank like yours, but still, it was something to see.

Sandz
03-06-2013, 09:55 PM
This is a new thing for plecos... i have never once seen this.. Maybe they went to "sleep" and lost suction?

fishmommie
03-06-2013, 09:58 PM
This is a new thing for plecos... i have never once seen this.. Maybe they went to "sleep" and lost suction?
that's what I'm thinking happened with mine. The wood was only a 1/2 inch from her mouth. I think she dosed off and dropped, was comfy and stayed there. She's absolutely fine now.

Sandz
03-06-2013, 10:10 PM
That is just funky!

Aeonflame
03-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Mine does the same thing all the time.

Cliff
03-06-2013, 10:21 PM
As I walked past my fish tank, I noticed my Ancistrus cirrhosus laying in an inverted manner. He appeared to have undergone the complete and permanent cessation of all vital functions and respiration appeared to have ceased. Now I will translate. LOLOL[FONT=arial][SIZE=2]

Excellent example to demonstrate phosfluorescently creating collaborative models to appropriately synthesize information sharing processes :hmm3grin2orange:

And I'm glad you pleco is OK

Sandz
03-06-2013, 10:23 PM
BTW Hobbs - Nominal encorperation of binomial nomenclature in your intial hypothesis dedicated to this adjunct combination of thesis'.

fishmommie
03-06-2013, 11:08 PM
BTW Hobbs - Nominal encorperation of binomial nomenclature in your intial hypothesis dedicated to this adjunct combination of thesis'.

Yeah. What they said 'cause I'm just fresh out of hypothesisessssssss :swerve:

Lady Hobbs
03-07-2013, 03:58 AM
Never saw so many big words on a fish forum in my life before today. I wouldn't even be able to spell hypothesis if I wouldn't have copied and pasted it.

My BN sleeps all the time upside down but never all by himself with nothing around him. His mouth was wide open in the sucking position so maybe he did just fall asleep and fall over.

Dennis Bissett
03-07-2013, 09:33 AM
I've often had to give mine a poke in the belly (geez they take off quick, better than the cat) because I think they've shuffled off, fortunately its just because they seem to have the ability when content, to nod off at the drop of a hat

Taurus
03-07-2013, 03:47 PM
That is just funky!

Funky? Is that a technical term? :ezpi_wink1:

Sandz
03-07-2013, 05:34 PM
Funky? Is that a technical term? :ezpi_wink1:

Indeed, funky: modish, unconventional, CRRRRAZY! lol

fishmommie
03-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Indeed, funky: modish, unconventional, CRRRRAZY! lol
Based on what theory or hypothesis? Just sayin':callme:

gronlaura
03-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Thank goodness I read this very interesting post! As I'm new to fishkeeping, if I saw one of my 2 BNs doing this I would definitely have panicked!!! I think my big one falls asleep on the veggie clip sometimes.....

Forum members are the epitome of paraphyletic group of organisms that consist of all gill-bearing aquatic craniate animals that lack limbs with digits (fish) knowledge (and humor)!

fishmommie
03-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Forum members are the epitome of paraphyletic group of organisms that consist of all gill-bearing aquatic craniate animals that lack limbs with digits (fish) knowledge (and humor)!

nicely done!:hmm3grin2orange: