PDA

View Full Version : Name This Plant!

WhistlingBadger
03-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Can anybody help me identify these? Not the java ferns on the left, nor the tiny sword in the background. The nice-looking little critters in the middle. All I know is I got them as bare root stubs from ebay a while back, very cheaply, and they are growing nicely, and I would like to get more. I really need to start writing these things down. What a drag it is gettin' old...Anyway, here they are:

Aeonflame
03-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Looks like Cryptocoryne undulata

genocidex
03-02-2013, 04:53 PM
+1 to aeon

i should note i had a plant just like that. it survived in my 29 with very low light. then i moved it to my 55g and was doing GREAT. starting dosing with liquid co2 and it died in like 1 week.... just a word of caution

talldutchie
03-02-2013, 05:15 PM
There's quite a few plants that don't do well with liquid carbon. Sometimes it helps to start at a way, way lower dose than is recommended on the bottle.

Anyway, I think aeon nailed it. Here's the basics:
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plantfinder/details.php?id=54

Aeonflame
03-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Crypt melt is common with sudden changes in water chemistry. The plant should recover as long as the rhizome is undamaged.

WhistlingBadger
03-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Yep, I think that's it, or something very close. These did OK with the Flourish Excel, but the cabomba and anacharis got wiped out. I have since quit using the stuff, and everything seems to be doing fine without it.

These little cripts grow very slowly, but they're pretty and I like the way they're spreading out to cover the bottom. Thanks for the ID!

Tom