PDA

View Full Version : Hey,guys ,if there any standard when you choose Aquarium led light?

crazy man
02-28-2013, 03:36 AM
Guys, I wanna collect some advices cause I have no idea when picking a aquarium led light. If somebody can tell me ?

mizzoutank
02-28-2013, 03:41 AM
depends what you are using the light for.

viewing fish: any light source will do. (as long as it isn't too powerful to promote crazy algae growth)
growing plans: more factors come into play on what plants, what growth you want, co2, ferts, tank size and so on.

so we'll need info on what you are wanting to do w/ the tank.

crazy man
02-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Thanks ,guy, and here the info of my tank as follow:
1.800*660*600mm
er,i also have some Salmon Clownfish.
Cause i am a fresh man ,I don't know how to keep it raise!

mizzoutank
02-28-2013, 12:14 PM
so for the US folks, you have around an 80gallon tank.

Great size!
how many salmon catfish are in there?
because they need at least 1000gallon tanks to swim. in a proper set up, they can reach 800mm long. which means it won't even be able to wiggle in your tank.

so are you planning to grow plants or not?

crazy man
03-01-2013, 12:30 AM
I have grown some plants and here there're a new question whether i can put some coral into the tank? Add to say, i got another more big size tank. I have a big plan,hah!

mizzoutank
03-01-2013, 04:35 AM
I have grown some plants and here there're a new question whether i can put some coral into the tank? Add to say, i got another more big size tank. I have a big plan,hah!

I'm a bit confused now.
is this freshwater or saltwater?

corals can't grow in freshwater tanks.

crushed coral helps with pH if you experiencing that issue but it isn't a great solution either.

crazy man
03-01-2013, 05:48 AM
Oh, guy, I have two tank now!One for coral ,another for plants. Luckily, I got a helper!!! Few days later, I will upload the pictures of my tanks! I wanna share the fun with you !!!!!!!!