PDA

View Full Version : Ideal chatter

Lady Hobbs
10-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Turned the light on the tank today and guess what the angels left me? A farewell spawn. :c8: I may try to save this spawn. It seems odd around here without even one angel.

Parrots have settled in nicely but one is going nuts on the plants. Not eating them but pushing them over. I swear he is acting just like the angels when they are getting ready to spawn. So far he's attacked the java fern and swords but is after the anacharis big time. Do these fish always display breeding tubes as these guys have had them extended almost since I got them. The guy I got them from said they never laid eggs.

I do know that the males is infertile but I have read of a few cases where a spawn survived. Fry resembled either mom or dad.

Firemouth has stolen the featherfins cave and been in there all day long. Hasn't even come out to eat.

Nautilus291
10-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Its only been one day im sure they will get used to there new settings and settle down. At least they arnt eating your plants or you would have a bigger problem to deal with. Paying all of that money for the plants and everything else just to turn into fish food.

Algenco
10-23-2007, 12:43 AM
They will rearrange the tank:hmm3grin2orange:
The big change in water quality could definately trigger a spawn, and you thought all that drama was behind you:18:

Incredulous_Ed
10-23-2007, 12:56 AM
if the parrots lay eggs, they will most likely die though, but even if they lay eggs, that is pretty cool! :)

squirt_12
10-23-2007, 01:01 AM
well i know someone and the person he bought it from..the dad were infertile and well they have had a billion spawns and all of the eggs have hatched. So they always have to find places for the fry. lol.

Lady Hobbs
10-23-2007, 04:24 AM
The someone was fertilizing the eggs. No egg will live without being fertilized.

I wrote Flowerhorn and it's Firemouth. Keep getting them mixed up altho they are nothing the same.