PDA

View Full Version : Dang petco

TowBoater
10-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Well I went to petco today and loaded up on snails and a big feather duster when I went to the freshwater section and a few caught my eye. I walked over and saw they had a synodontis eupertus or h/e it is spelled. I also noticed a fish labeled as a "talking catfish", well it was cheap and cool and like 3 ppl working there said they get 8" max, bull crap!!! I got it and looked it up and they get like 3 ft. Now what? I hope I have my pond done by then.

YaYgoldFish
10-22-2007, 01:55 AM
I researched it a it and all sites said they would grow up to 6 inches. I might be talking of the wrong fish, but heres the scientific name: Agamyxis pectinifrons .

TowBoater
10-22-2007, 01:57 AM
It's a Pterodoras granulosus i'm pretty sure, same color and has the ripsaw like spines on his side and armored head.

blu
10-22-2007, 03:39 AM
There are many fish labled talking catfish...like the striped raphael that gets 8 in.The raphael aslo has spikes and an armoured head. Thats probably what you got or what they thought they were giving you(theres a spotted version also that stays a little smaller).

I think theres also a type of synodontis commonly called a talking fish but stays smaller.

TowBoater
10-22-2007, 11:25 AM
I've done posted what I think it is.

Lady Hobbs
10-22-2007, 02:18 PM
There's a bunch of species of synodontis. I have the synodontis eupertus commonly referred to as featherfin squeaker. It is not the same as the Upside Down catfish but they do resemble each other a lot.

TowBoater
10-23-2007, 02:01 AM
No I also have the one you have Hobbs, he is striped right now because he is young but will gain spots and loose the strips. They do swim upside down some but get larger than upside down cats.