PDA

View Full Version : will this mess cycle up?

Angelfish11788
12-31-2012, 05:01 AM
so after sitting and looking at it, tonight i finally took down my noisy emperor 400 and put up my 2nd Ac110. It took me about 3 minutes to switch all my media from the emp to the Ac. I got the Ac off of CL, so no sponge or biomax. So i took all my 400s media out then added more with purigen. Since I moved it fast, did i loose the bb in the media?. I dont want a mini cycle. my other filter is an AC110 with sponge, biomax, and a few scuring pads and polishing pads; also have the sponge running aswell. If in fact i would loose my cycle in the new Ac, would the above keep my cycle running and be able to hold my waste load.

Cliff
12-31-2012, 05:06 AM
If you have moved all the media from the old filter into the AC filter you just got, you should be fine (as long as you did not stuff it in there so tight the water has trouble flowing through). The filter its self is not very improtant as the bateria lives in the media, as you know

Keep a close eye on the parameters, but you should be fine. Your second filter will go a long way to make sure you won;t get a mini spike as long as the this filter has fully seeded filter media

Angelfish11788
12-31-2012, 05:11 AM
thanks Cliff, i kinda stuffed it but not hardcore.

Cliff
12-31-2012, 05:15 AM
Just make sure it getting pretty good flow and you'll be fine

If you're having trouble figuring out if it is getting good flow, search videos of your filter set-up and running on YouTube

Angelfish11788
12-31-2012, 02:05 PM
Just make sure it getting pretty good flow and you'll be fine

If you're having trouble figuring out if it is getting good flow, search videos of your filter set-up and running on YouTube

oh it is getting good flow. thanks

Lady Hobbs
12-31-2012, 02:16 PM
The Emperor I had several years ago got flung out my back door into a snowbank. The snow was so deep, I couldn't pick it up until spring but it was a daily reminder to never buy another one.

Angelfish11788
12-31-2012, 10:48 PM
The Emperor I had several years ago got flung out my back door into a snowbank. The snow was so deep, I couldn't pick it up until spring but it was a daily reminder to never buy another one.

I Used to love mine. 3 years ago that's the only HOB id use or the 350. Lol now AC all the. Way. I do now have 2 spare 400s I may use on 75 for goldfish. It will be down stairs. So it can grind all it wants

Lady Hobbs
01-01-2013, 12:21 AM
I hear ya there. So much easier to sqeeze out the sponge and that's it. No cartridges to buy, no brushes to cram through the spray bar, no messing with gunk getting caught around the impeller, no wheel that stops turning when it's not in the mood. I simply hated that Emperor. Even my cheapie Cascades work better.