PDA

View Full Version : Aggression...

bubble_bee
10-22-2007, 01:25 AM
I'm fairly sure I know the answer to this question, but I just wanted a few more opinions to, well, put me at ease.

I have a 15 G (fully cycled etc. etc.) with four glowlight tetras, a big male betta, and 3 female balloon mollies. I added the betta about 1.5 months ago, and everyone seemed happy. He'd flare at the mollies if they got too pushy, and the mollies chased each other around a bit, but I had no problems. However, today I came home to find one of my mollies completely beaten up, with ragged fins and all the rest, hiding in the plants.

So my question is: Is it possible that one of the other female mollies did this to her, or can I be fairly certain (which I think I am) that it was my male betta?

I'm in the process of moving the other two mollies into my other community tank, and I'm planning on leaving the tetras in with the betta, since I think they're fast enough to get away. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

MeganL3985
10-22-2007, 02:15 AM
I responded in your betta thread--
But by the way, I know your fairly new, so i'll just mention it here, you only have to post it in one section. There will be answers to your questions, no matter where you post. And you can also ask several questions in one thread if you like.

blu
10-22-2007, 03:46 AM
probably your betta...I dont keep any male bettas in my community set ups if there is any flaring b/c it will usually turn to nipping.

bubble_bee
10-23-2007, 04:51 AM
k, thanks!