PDA

View Full Version : Annual Contests

ddavis1979
12-21-2012, 11:31 AM
I saw on the awards page that there is an annual contest for MOTY, APOTY, POTY, and TOTY.

Are those still taking place? When do they take place? and What are the rules?

Lady Hobbs
12-21-2012, 12:24 PM
The MOTY was not an on-going contest but just something William did once, 6 years ago, because he wanted to. It was never a contest just an award he felt like handing out himself. He just did the pick himself.

The two or three times there was a competition for yearly it was only picking one tank out of all those that had won in the past 12 months and from the photos already on file and from TOTM only.

Actually it was kinda of a flop and not a contest that went over too well but something the Mods may want to think about.

Goes to 11!
12-21-2012, 12:31 PM
The two or three times there was a competition for yearly it was only picking one tank out of all those that had won in the past 12 months and from the photos already on file and from TOTM only.

Actually it was kinda of a flop and not a contest that went over too well but something the Mods may want to think about.
Yeah, It doesn't seem to work nearly as well as TOTM.

One factor is that by virtue of it being comprised of TOTM winners, The anonymity is totally removed from the pics.
:22:

Triton
12-21-2012, 12:37 PM
While it may affect some voting, I think having all of the years winning tanks on display for voting would be fun and see some nice tanks

Goes to 11!
12-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Everyone can see the last 3 years worth of TOTM anytime they want [Minus the voting] in the comp forum.

Cliff
12-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Yes there will be a TOTY, POTY, and APOTY comp once the December comps are closed and those winners are announced.

You will be allowed to vote on all the past first place winners from the past year for the photo in each category that you feel is the best.

All normal voting rules in the comps will apply.

steeler58
12-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Still being fairly new it sounds like fun.

ddavis1979
12-23-2012, 02:14 AM
I look forward to it. Hopefully people will still be subjective and anonymity will not be an issue.

What is the policy on voting for yourself?

Goes to 11!
12-23-2012, 02:23 AM
I'd imagine it's no issue as it's only one vote and anyway it likely happens in the regular ones all the time.

KevinVA
12-24-2012, 04:59 PM
I've been thinking about a TOTY contest, as well. I don't think anonymity should be an issue, if everyone's a good sport about it. You know what a good tank looks like and if you see one that looks nicer than yours, you shouldn't be too proud to vote for it. They're something to aspire to. I've seen several tanks I would be proud to call my own. Hell, I've changed things in my own tank, because I'd received ideas from those beautiful tanks. :shrug: