PDA

View Full Version : Treatment of Home Aquaria Research Paper

AquaCats
12-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Hey, guys! A lot of you guys helped me out with a survey I conducted a while back for my graduate Elementary Statistics course. I am actually getting my Master's in Elementary Education (currently a 6-8 music teacher). I wanted to do a study based on my hobby, though. Understand that the course is an introduction to basic statistical analysis and research, so please don't be too brutal, but I've linked a copy of my paper and research that I got from you guys. I hope you enjoy it!

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0EThfXX9FPJMUotVnU5TmN3RHc

steeler58
12-14-2012, 04:31 AM
Nice paper, what was your finale grade if I might ask?

ijankrom
12-14-2012, 06:04 AM
For some reason I can only get through page 4 and everything after is blurry, unreadable. Do you have any idea why? So far I like it.

AquaCats
12-14-2012, 02:17 PM
@steeler1: I got an A on the paper and in the course. Like I said, it is very elementary statistics... this was my class's first time doing something like this. It was fun, though. I wish I had done it differently, however (as stated in the limitations and suggestions for further research).

@ijankrom: Maybe it didn't load completely? I'm not sure. There may be a way to download it so that you don't have to read it online. I'll check and see what I can do.

edit: Yes. Once you click the link, click "File" and go to "Download." Just read it in your regular PDF reader if it won't load through google docs.

ijankrom
12-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Got to finish the rest of the document, it worked fine from my work for some reason. Nice work. I especially like the results from the survey's. Who would have thought your decisions could be correlated with the pictures on the boxes. You should post this under article forum. :ssmile:

There should be a forum by itself of just polls/surveys. I think that forum would get a lot of views. thumbs2:
You should using the questions in the survey construct a thread for users in this community to answer. Does anyone know if you can have more than one poll in a thread? Curious if William (our admin) could collect information from the databases like, location, age, sex, and post. Curious how many users in AC are from Arizona?

If I wanted to poll users to see who has FW, SW or both, which forum should I use that all users would see, anyone? I don't want to misuse a forum, but clearly this type of poll under beginner freshwater won't work so well. :hmm3grin2orange: I'm going to hit William up on creating a forum specific to polls/surveys. Maybe the mods/admin can construct some really interesting polls/surveys.

AquaCats
12-14-2012, 07:43 PM
You should post this under article forum. :ssmile:

It is. :22:

Thank you for your kudos!

Cliff
12-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Just curious as to what is the the percentage of respondents from the forum and other respondents you found else where?

AquaCats
12-14-2012, 07:50 PM
That was one of my limitations, Cliff. I didn't include a question to differentiate between the two groups. My estimate, though, is that around 80% of the participants were from this forum.

Cliff
12-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks thumbs2:

Cermet
12-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Good paper! :22: