PDA

View Full Version : Options for open-topped tank

Fishguy2727
10-20-2007, 11:23 PM
I would like to know what some plant people would think would be a good option for floating plants for an open-topped tank.

Lady Hobbs
10-21-2007, 01:34 AM
Riccia and Amazon Frogbite
hornwort, anachris (planted or floating), duckweed ,water lettuce, water sprite, floating liverwort, floating fern

Algenco
10-21-2007, 01:48 AM
frogbit or red root floaters

Fishguy2727
10-21-2007, 01:51 AM
Water sprite can be floaters?

I have some anacharis that are rooted, but one has reached the top and is now growing even more.

My hornwort is dying. I am not sure why. The anacharis and water sprite in there seem to be settling in well.

Lady Hobbs
10-21-2007, 02:00 AM
My anacharis is odd. Lots of green shoots but most of them coming from near the top of the plant and this long, ugly stalk holding it up. I'm been breaking the bottoms off and just planting the tops where the new stuff is. Can't see how that long stalk can hold anything up.

SkarloeysMom
10-23-2007, 02:51 AM
Water sprite can be floaters?

That's what I was told when I bought some. They can float or be planted. I think they grow differently depending on whether they are planted or floating. I don't remember what the LFS guys said was the difference though. He was using a lot of scientific terms I was not familiar with so it went right over my head. I have it growing both ways and I don't see much of a diff yet.