PDA

View Full Version : Dojo loach help

gm72
10-20-2007, 01:44 PM
I don't at all understand what has happened. One of my dojo loaches died. I have had him about 2-3 weeks. Absolutely no signs of illness or injury to the loach or any of the other inhabitants. Coldwater tank, temp at about 70 degrees, 2 (now one obviously) dojos, 12 white clouds, one goldfish about 2" long. Water parameters completely normal. 0/0/20. Today is water change day. Weekly 40-50% water changes. Have been feeding a variety of sinking wafers, flake foods. I found him just now motionless at the bottom on his side, no breathing. He did not respond to touch. Eyes clear and color only slightly faded from the other dojo's gold.

Any ideas on what has happened? This is very upsetting to me.

EDIT: He was about 3-4 inches long, same as the other. If that helps at all. This sucks.

mitcore
10-21-2007, 04:34 AM
sorry to read that
i am unable to help
just wanted to say sorry

what is a dojo?
is it like a yoyo loach

Azear
10-21-2007, 11:50 AM
mitcore: A Dojo Loach is also called a Weather loach... Just have a look at this link for more info on Dojo :
http://www.aquatic-hobbyist.com/profiles/freshwater/loaches/dojoloach.html

I'm sorry for what happen GM... I do have Dojo too but don't want the same to happen... if you ever find out... let us know... :confused:

gm72
10-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Still have NO idea what happened. Just no explanation at all. The only thing I can think of is that it was sick to start, never showed any signs of distress, and eventually succumbed to the illness. Thanks for the kind words, folks.

Rue
10-21-2007, 03:59 PM
...that's the thing about fish...they do die 'suddenly' so often...

Of course, I suspect it's rarely 'suddenly'...but it appears that way to us...

Sorry abour your loss...I'm very fond of my one Dojo...he's very entertaining!

mitcore
10-22-2007, 03:51 AM
thanks azear

todaie12
10-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your loaches. I think you have to keep Dojo loaches in pairs or them may get lonely.
again sorry to hear.

gm72
10-24-2007, 01:54 AM
I won't have to worry about that. The other loach is likely to be dead by morning. Again, no overt stress. Tank parameters ROCK solid. No changes. Petco (there are at least 2 VERY good employees there) is no longer carrying them because they can't keep them alive. Bad stock?