PDA

View Full Version : Neon Tetra

marco31
10-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Hi All,
I've anew tank and all is going well , seems to have cycled well and all levels are normal at the moment.

I had 10 neon tetra's and a 8 Silver Dollors and 1 pleco.

The problem i'm facing is over the last week 3 of my Neon Tetras have died, and its not been nice looks like they have been cut in half, or eaten, but I dont know

Has anyone seen this before or can this be something else? this bottom have of the fish was totally gone ......

Lady Hobbs
10-18-2007, 01:56 PM
If they died naturally, the other fish will nibble on them. If anything is killing them, it would be the pleco.

You may want to return the pleco. If it's the common pleco, they get over a foot.

CAF
10-18-2007, 03:17 PM
What size tank do you have?

Neons are extremely sensative fish and may be getting picked on by other fish, or not doing well initially from shipping. How long have you had the fish?

zackish
10-18-2007, 04:14 PM
If they died naturally, the other fish will nibble on them. If anything is killing them, it would be the pleco.

You may want to return the pleco. If it's the common pleco, they get over a foot.

Plecos will kill fish!!!....if anything I thought it would have been the silver dollars.

cocoa_pleco
10-18-2007, 04:52 PM
some plecos turn sour, it may have been the pleco

marco31
10-22-2007, 09:12 AM
Hi All,

I have a 50 Gallon Tank and its a common pleco that I have, seems very placid and spends most of his time in a small cave hole thing that i've in the tank. The tank is 2 months old now,
I tink it maybe the silver Dollar that have killed them 3 dead out of 10 Same MO. Looks like they have been bitten in 2. Strange .

Other then this the tank is going very well, I like the Neon Tetras but wont put anymore into the tank untill i know whats happened..

Lady Hobbs
10-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Silver dollars are veggie eaters. Not likely they would kill a fish at all. The are about the mildest fish you can get. Scared of their own shadow!

gm72
10-23-2007, 01:04 AM
Hi All,

I have a 50 Gallon Tank and its a common pleco that I have, seems very placid and spends most of his time in a small cave hole thing that i've in the tank. The tank is 2 months old now,
I tink it maybe the silver Dollar that have killed them 3 dead out of 10 Same MO. Looks like they have been bitten in 2. Strange .

Other then this the tank is going very well, I like the Neon Tetras but wont put anymore into the tank untill i know whats happened..

Just to reiterate an important point, the 50 gallon will be too small ultimately for the common pleco.