PDA

View Full Version : the worlds happiest oscar!

cocoa_pleco
10-17-2007, 04:15 PM
look how happy he is!

WARNING:STRONG LANGUAGE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LG3A2cUv3yA&mode=related&search=aquarium%20fish%20coral%20corals%20marine

Nick89
10-17-2007, 04:31 PM
It looks like a 2 gallon tank...thats horrible.

cocoa_pleco
10-17-2007, 04:40 PM
its actually a 1g i think

ruecole
10-17-2007, 04:52 PM
The guy in the video was talking about himself, right?

:rolleyes:

That's so sad. Poor Larry.

Rue

tropfish
10-17-2007, 08:05 PM
The guy in the video was talking about himself, right?

:rolleyes:

That's so sad. Poor Larry.

Rue

i think so lol

that oscar is probably dead right now. I wish that we could keep them in samller tanks but we CAN't! ppl have to realoize that! fish arent disposable you cant just throw thme away or treat them bad, even tho most ppl do. it makes me so angry!!!

Incredulous_Ed
10-17-2007, 10:50 PM
well, when i saw the title of tis thread and the video, well, the irony made me laugh, but it is definetly not funny. The idiot guy probably bought the tank on the same day as the oscar, filled it with cold tap water, and just dumped the oscar in there without equalizing temps.

cocoa_pleco
10-18-2007, 01:14 AM
thats basically the tank, a unheated 1g with a UGF

~Erik3.8.07~
10-18-2007, 01:18 AM
video is 6 months old so that poor little guy is probably dead by now, unless the owner came to his senses and gave him away to someone who can actually take care of him properly, at least i hope he did

i hate how ignorant people can be

Nick89
10-18-2007, 01:35 AM
the guy has like 5 inches of gravel in a gallon of cold water.

cocoa_pleco
10-18-2007, 01:44 AM
the guy has like 5 inches of gravel in a gallon of cold water.

yep, basically its in half a gallon of water

Futureboy
10-18-2007, 02:57 AM
That is pathetic

he bought it from walmart...big surprise there

cocoa_pleco
10-18-2007, 04:13 AM
some things that wal-mart does wants me to pick my eyes out with tweezers. before mine got rid of live fish in march, they were the most disorganized tanks on the planet. they had NOONE even in the plant dept. next to it, and even though its a wal-mart supercentre they had about 5 employees because of our huge staff shortage. they had 5 oscars in a tank, with 3 sailfin molly

Arkie
10-18-2007, 07:05 AM
that poor fish, i cant believe someone would do that to a fish let alone filming it and posting it on the web??? someone should find the owner and stick him in a tiny cold room, he might then have some understanding of how the oscar felt.

2manyfish
10-18-2007, 05:57 PM
someone should find the owner and stick him in a tiny cold room, he might then have some understanding of how the oscar felt.

Mmm....only to get the full effect the room needs to have some chlorine gas or something in it...just so the guy can get a "feel" for what it's like to be in an uncycled tank. Then maybe he will understand the ammonia burn the fish feels....

I'm sure Larry is dead by now. RIP Larry.

mitcore
10-20-2007, 06:17 AM
it is too small isnt it? for an oscar

cocoa_pleco
10-20-2007, 02:37 PM
it is too small isnt it? for an oscar

lol, the only thing that could live in that tank is like 3 ghost shrimp

squirt_12
10-20-2007, 03:06 PM
thats sickning....letting an inoccent fish go through that...i am with everybody else that said we should stick th eowner in that tiny little room that has chlorine gas in it....then he will know what it feels like

R.I.P.
Larry

"the"Trinity
11-14-2007, 02:59 AM
some things that wal-mart does wants me to pick my eyes out with tweezers. before mine got rid of live fish in march, they were the most disorganized tanks on the planet. they had NOONE even in the plant dept. next to it, and even though its a wal-mart supercentre they had about 5 employees because of our huge staff shortage. they had 5 oscars in a tank, with 3 sailfin molly

Yeah......like selling a woman one Neon Tetra, a Pleco, and a handful of Serpae Tetras for what was likely a 2g. fishBOWL. We literally leapt on the said woman last weekend and pleaded with her not to buy what the wal-mart employee was prepared to sell her. Fortunately, she listened.

It's a shame that fish seem somewhat exempt from decent regulations and laws as far as cruelty goes. If you shut your dog in a closet and let it die, you can go to jail and get fined. If you stuff a two-foot Plecostomus into a goldfish bowl and it dies......you're just some idiot on Youtube.

TT

cocoa_pleco
11-14-2007, 03:09 AM
EXACTLY. a living thing is a living thing, a fish cant help that it isnt the same physical size as a dog, so basically its kinda fish discrimination.

Im sure what would help is if places stopped selling tanks under 5g. that would eliminate problems, since i know a wal-mart in a small town a hour from here only sells 1g tanks, yet the fish they sell are as large as oscars. fortunately the town has acceptable fish store with 100g+ tanks.

it would also help if places sorted fish more. i know by the tanks for sale at petsmart here they have a flip catalog with surprisingly accurate info. it says 1 goldfish per 20g, and 10g each thereafter, and one oscar per 55g. it also states that a fullgrown common pleco needs at least a 100g+ tank, which is also correct.

if they could only stop selling pacu there though. personally i think pacu belong in professional shops where people can get knowledged. i bought mine from a superpet that had him in a 20g long, and he was cramped and darted allover. since i got him about 2 months ago hes whoppingly doubled in size. at first he was as big as the palm of your hand, and now hes the size of 2 palms. my oscar has also tremendously grown, and theyre the same size about. Once they outgrow the 50g long they both get a 150g. after the pacu outgrows the 150g i know west edmonton mall would take him for one of their 1500g tanks.

Incredulous_Ed
11-14-2007, 03:42 AM
ya know, if it were a dig they were keeping in those conditions, that guy would be in jail.

Buppy
11-17-2007, 04:03 AM
i just dont get it.aparently dogs mater to the law but fish dont.why?????????dont oscars need 50 g's anyway?yes i agree he should be put ina tiny cold chlorine gased room and have him die.did i go to far or is that just right.

kkevvy
12-30-2007, 05:54 AM
Horrible.

I want to get a job at Wal-Mart, take every fish from the tanks on my first day, and bring them to the local Pet Smart. Then smash every tank they have there.

mp3rp
12-30-2007, 06:14 PM
i just dont get it.aparently dogs mater to the law but fish dont.why?????????dont oscars need 50 g's anyway?

People get more attached to dogs. You know a dog is a mans best friend. The majority of people care more about dogs than any other animal. Seriously if you had a choice to save that fish or a dog whose owner trapped in a tiny closet, who would you pick?

Knowing that a lot of members are absolutely obsessed with fish you might go with the fish but other people would think you are crazy. Why save a fish when all it does is swim around in a tank...... I mean you can't pet it and it doesn't show any emotion at all. While dogs make those cute little faces and they are just adorable.

If it was me I wouldn't think twice and I would save the dog.

Don't get me wrong, I love fish. That is why I am on the forum to learn more and to make my fish happy.

YaYgoldFish
12-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Looks how long this guy keeps a pirhanna out of water,,atleast eh got what he deserved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1twEF1wcqs&NR=1

cocoa_pleco
12-31-2007, 12:53 AM
Looks how long this guy keeps a pirhanna out of water,,atleast eh got what he deserved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1twEF1wcqs&NR=1

idiot deserved it!