PDA

View Full Version : Ghost shrimp, need more info

jnmrcs
06-30-2006, 06:28 PM
Hi. I'm thinking on buy some freshwater ghost shrimp. I have read some information about them but I think that always is better to hear about someone who have them.

I have a 20 gallon tank that will be only for guppy. Does the ghsot shrimp will have any problem there? And the guppies?

I have a 30 gallon tank with 1 male betta, 3 color glass and 2 neon tetra. Will the betta try to eat the ghost shrimp?

And I will have a 55 gallon with some plecos and Angelfish. Will the pleco fight with the ghost shrimp? Will the angelfish try to eat the ghost shrimp?

With your help I can decided on which tank (or tanks) I will add the ghost srhimp.

Also I didn't find enough information on what do they eat (I just read about algae and fish food (flakes)). And I read that 1 inch per gallon rule should be used to know how much you can add, but is counting the fish too?

Too much questions even when I tried to find as much information. Anyway I know that someone here can help me. Thanks.

William
06-30-2006, 07:45 PM
I would recommend keeping them with your guppy. Angels and betta fish can be to aggressive for the shrimp.

They will eat most dead food they can find.

Yes. that is counting fish too.

jnmrcs
07-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks for your help.