PDA

View Full Version : How many Damsel Fish....

jttt3
10-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Does it take in a 24 gallon cube to get Mortal Kombat? LOL

I've 3 atm, and they seem to be getting along. I'm affriad of the tank, so I dropped a few damsels in instead of the 20-40$USD fish I had.

I'm thinking in about 2 weeks, I'll drop 2 more in and see what happens :shappy:

unleashed
10-16-2007, 06:50 AM
Thos three damsels you have at the moment will turn to mortal combat soon, unless you managed to pick up mild mannered individuals

I personally would never put more than one in a 24g. However, it may be possible that those three you already have might have formed a little 'gang' and qould quite possible attach the two more that you plan to put in

Rue
10-16-2007, 01:23 PM
...not to mention you really shouldn't have more than a total of 10" or so of fish in your tank...SW doesn't have the capacity that FW does...

cocoa_pleco
10-16-2007, 02:06 PM
3 damsels= bloods, crips, and MS-13 in the same room, not pretty.

Damsels are sorta like saltwater cichlids, they will attack anything in their territory. you can only put 2-3 in a 55g+ with fully stocked LR (for hiding places)

jttt3
10-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Wierd error...making new post...

jttt3
10-16-2007, 04:32 PM
lol, that's fine, I really don't care if they start fighting. They are the only fish in the tank and will remain the only fish in the tank for about 5 months, then I will probably sell them once my confidence in the tank is restored.

I current have 1 Fiji Blue Devil, 1 THREE-striped Damsel, and another one that I can't quite figure out what it is.

Here's what he looks like:

http://www.geocities.com/jttt3/images/blogs/damselightblue.jpg(120KB)

coachfraley
10-16-2007, 05:59 PM
some kind of chromis?

2manyfish
10-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Looks like one of the damoselles (sp?)...not sure exactly which species though.
I would not add any more damsels....the ones you already have, have taken the whole tank as theirs. Any new fish will be terrorized. The ones you have now, may or may not be fine with each other. It really depends on the individual fish and also the conditions within the tank. A good healthy tank will bring out the most natural behavior of the fish.
I love damsels! Beautiful, vibrant, aggressive, smart, what more could you want from a fish? :luxlove: