PDA

View Full Version : feeding baby kribs

Arkie
10-14-2007, 06:14 AM
my kribensis fry hatched yesterday and they are still attatched to their yolk sac, but im wondering what do i feed them when thats all gone?
is finely crushed flakes good enough or will i need to buy something different?

Spyder
10-14-2007, 11:58 AM
I always use frozen BBS. It's easy and very good for them.

squirt_12
10-14-2007, 01:22 PM
live BBS wouls be even better for them because it helps them with their swimming to cause they have to chase their food. So it teaches them at a young age. Frozen BBS would be excellent too. I feed that to my swordtail fry and they love it.

Congrats on the fry!!!!:19:

EDIT- finely crushed flake food would work too but take and eye dropper and some water and put tht ecrushed flakes in the water and then us the eye dropper to get some out adn then shoot it towads the bottom of the tank.

DaleJr08
10-14-2007, 06:05 PM
When my kribs breed, I feed the fry Hikari first bites. They loved the stuff and the grew up the great looking fish.

John

squirt_12
10-14-2007, 10:05 PM
When my kribs breed, I feed the fry Hikari first bites. They loved the stuff and the grew up the great looking fish.

John
Yes....i have heard alot o good things about this type of food....i have yet tried it. I can't seem to find it anywhere. They say it's good for little fry like bettas too.

Arkie
10-15-2007, 12:02 AM
thanks guys, im not sure if they'll need feeding before friday as thats the only time i can into town to buy BBS, if they do ill try the powdered flake with a dropper thingy. :c1:

squirt_12
10-15-2007, 02:22 AM
thanks guys, im not sure if they'll need feeding before friday as thats the only time i can into town to buy BBS, if they do ill try the powdered flake with a dropper thingy. :c1:
yeah that works the best. Cause if i am not mistaken...the krib fry are fairly large..are they not??? like bigger than a normal egg hatched fry???

sorry if that sounds confusing.

EDIT- like they are bigger then betta fry???

Arkie
10-15-2007, 03:27 AM
i dont know, ive never seen betta fry :confused:
these are like the first cichlids that ive tried breeding, only have had livebearers previous to this.
its hard to see the fry as they are at the back of the pot and mum fish sits in front of them when i get a torch