PDA

View Full Version : a danios life...

allthosecolours
06-28-2006, 12:58 AM
i have 3 zebra danios and 2 long finned zebras danios, recently i've been really been watching them closely and i've noticed they've kinda stop swimmin like mad happly little fishes, and start staying close to the top of the tank with their fins really closer to their body. I really feel horrible, i think they might be that they must be feelin miserable in such a small tank (5 gallon) so im plannin to put them in my dad's 10 gallon tank, but im scared of his fish he has 1 chunky black phantom tetra(1 inch), and 2 other semi-aggressive fish bout (1.5 inches) sorry i dont know the species name( the tetra and he other two have become really good friends, and they hang around at the bottom of the tank, because i usually feed them sinking shrimp pellets). So if the danios are realeased in they're slightly larger enviorment, do you think they can enjoy the space without being harrased by the other big residents. Also i've been wondering about food..it seems they are gettin really bored of nutrafin flakes, what type of freeze dried or frozen deligts do you think they would enjoy?
Thanks for all your help

William
06-28-2006, 01:55 AM
Danios are very fast fish and should not suffer from being kept with those other fishes. Hard to say 100% since you don't know what species the other ones are.

froozen blood worms or daphnia should be appriciated ;-)

Full3R
06-28-2006, 08:25 AM
also it could be low airation in the water it happened to my danios when the airator stopped

allthosecolours
06-28-2006, 02:55 PM
What do you think would be a safe way of moving the into the other tank, without stressing them?...put them in buket and climatize them there?...maybe?

William
06-28-2006, 04:42 PM
that would work. Or just a large bag.

The most important thing is to climatize them well.