PDA

View Full Version : Injured Black Phantom Tetra?

Nikita706
10-11-2007, 05:44 PM
So, shortly after we got our Black Phantom Tetras home last weekend, we noticed that one of them was missing his nose (the upper half of his mouth). So we waited it out a couple days, but he hasn't been eating. Now he's in our breeder tank/hospital, and he's eating a little, but not much. Has anyone ever come across this? And how did the fish do?

CAF
10-11-2007, 05:57 PM
So, shortly after we got our Black Phantom Tetras home last weekend, we noticed that one of them was missing his nose (the upper half of his mouth). So we waited it out a couple days, but he hasn't been eating. Now he's in our breeder tank/hospital, and he's eating a little, but not much. Has anyone ever come across this? And how did the fish do?
I've seen it... and unfortunately long term, they did not make it. It might depend though on whether or not this is a congential defect or damage from a fight as well....

Nikita706
10-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I have no idea. He was like that when we got him, so I'm not sure what caused it.

CAF
10-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I have no idea. He was like that when we got him, so I'm not sure what caused it.
All you can do is hope for the best....

Nikita706
10-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Well, just to let everyone know, he didn't make it. Be careful when picking out your fish. Make sure they have a top AND bottom piece to their mouth, because now I'm really bummed out. I was hoping for the best. Thank you all for your input!

CAF
10-16-2007, 04:46 PM
My apologies. I wish things had turned out differently.