PDA

View Full Version : Introduce me

Patryck
06-26-2006, 11:34 PM
Hi ,
Im Patryck ,
I was born in Germany but now live in North Carolina USA.
Im 40yrs young :)

Ive wanted a tropical fish aquarium since childhood , my aunt had one and I loved watching her little neon tetras. In the pet stores and department stores Ive always went to the back and checked out the tanks just to see what they had .

Finally after years of fascination I am in a place and settled where I can start my own small aquarium , its just a small 10 gallon. I figure if I can make a decent go at this one without too many casualties then I will invest in a larger one.

Ive 3 Tiger Barbs in it at present , with the intention of adding 2 more once the tank cycles and settles down some. They are my favorite fish, their colors are awesome and like me they are a little bit "ornery" (sp?).

I may also add a couple of Rosy Barbs later on , and a Pleco or something that will clean the bottom for me. Any suggestions on good tank mates for my Tiger Barbs are most welcome.

Thanks

NorthernBoy
06-27-2006, 03:32 AM
Mucho Welcomes!

DemonShark
06-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Welcome

William
06-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Welcome

AQUA_KING
06-27-2006, 06:03 PM
A good tank mate would be a clown pleco which only reaches 4ish inches, also If you get rosey barbs remember to get short finned ones as the tigers will nip the longer flowing fins of the others. You may want to consider the Serpae tetra. I have 4 they are sort of the shape of the tiger barb but pinky red.

Good luck and welcome to the world of tropical fish keeping.

AQUA_KING

William
06-28-2006, 02:04 AM
Serpae tetra is also a potentiall fin nipper but should work with tiger barbs.

Tiger barbs are only fin nippers if they are kept in small schools. if kept in lagre school they usually don't show this behaviour.

Patryck
06-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Serpae Tetras.. I like them too. The ones at the pet shop had excellent color, and it seems Ive read the same about them fin nipping as I have the Tiger Barbs. Would 5 of each of them and maybe one small Pleco to clean the bottom be too many fish for a 10 gallon? My Barbs are small but I suspect they will grow a bit if I can keep them living.

Thanks

Patryck
06-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Oh and William Ive tried downloading your E-book several times and all I get are blank grey pages in a browser window.

I would love to get it from you. Either by download in a zip file or by e-mail .. I have the latest Adobe reader so I am not sure why I cant seem to get it except that perhaps my browser is different.

Thanks

William
06-28-2006, 08:53 PM
That strange. what browser did you use?

I'll pm you another url to the book. Please don't post this url anywhere or give it to someone else.

I don't think that would be to many fish.

Patryck
06-28-2006, 09:33 PM
AOL Explorer , and dont worry , youre secret is safe with me :wink:

Lindsay_D
07-09-2006, 06:34 AM
nice to meet you pirate

Patryck
07-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Nice to meet you all .. if you want to take a peek at my Tigers Ive placed some photo's in the User Gallery.

They are open to all.

:)