PDA

View Full Version : Surprise!!

country_boy454
10-09-2007, 05:38 AM
Well I came home late this evening or is it early this morning? Whichever lol. I started by feeding my fish as usual then i look at each tank to make sure nothing is wrong. Looked into my ten gallon. Saw my 5 cory's doing what they do best. Saw my trio of endler's just hanging out in the current from the bio-wheel. And i saw my three ramshorns . Nothing out of the ordinary. Ok next was the 5 gallon tank. Searched and searched and well there they were the 3 little guppy fry and the chinese algae eater. Nothing out of the ordinary there. Next was the 29. Saw the big pleco right away. All the tetras were there on the left side of the tank.(hmmm.... that's strange...:confused:) And even my two pink convicts in their cave..... Wait both of them! Apon closer examination i saw before my two eyes eggs! Lots of eggs! A patch of eggs about an inch wide and two inches long! :ssuprised: I couldn't believe it. Had to show my fiancee right away. She just smiled in fascination.:sbiggrin: Time to be prepared for a lot of convicts!! Wish my camera wasn't broke.:ssad:

Arkie
10-09-2007, 08:07 AM
congrats on the eggs!!!! its soooo exciting to find things like that :hmm3grin2orange:

deckard_wa
10-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Yeah congratulations, cons are the best parents and great to watch. you are also probably about to find out what the word 'aggressive' really means :wink2:

CAF
10-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Great Job! Now good luck finding homes for them all... everyone I know uses convict fry as feeders because no one wants them. (Far too prolific, they start to overrun tanks in the stores. I know I wouldn't accept them in my store. I still have 2 tanks full of fry from the single pair the owner brought in thinking he could sell them quickly...)

ruecole
10-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Yay, more babies!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Rue

country_boy454
10-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I just woke up and turned my tanks on and started checking everything again. They are still laying eggs! Wow! Now they are laying them outside their flower pot cave!

The lfs near us will take 25-30 of them they said. They are giving me store credit at $2 a fish. They have never had them b4 so that takes care of that many. Then the not so lfs said they will give me $4 store credit for them(i bought this pair of them here). They want around 50 of them they said. Then from there i have neighbors that will take some. Then after that i dunno yet.

tropfish
10-09-2007, 07:49 PM
congrats on the breeding, and on some money (spent o nthe fish no doubt haha)

Hailey
10-09-2007, 10:48 PM
I just woke up and turned my tanks on and started checking everything again. They are still laying eggs! Wow! Now they are laying them outside their flower pot cave!

The lfs near us will take 25-30 of them they said. They are giving me store credit at $2 a fish. They have never had them b4 so that takes care of that many. Then the not so lfs said they will give me $4 store credit for them(i bought this pair of them here). They want around 50 of them they said. Then from there i have neighbors that will take some. Then after that i dunno yet.

Congrats! They are so fun to watch, and lucky. One of the fish stores around me woun't take my convict babies (not sure about the other one) but I have no idea what to do with my babies now. Your pretty lucky they will take em!

CAF
10-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Congrats! They are so fun to watch, and lucky. One of the fish stores around me woun't take my convict babies (not sure about the other one) but I have no idea what to do with my babies now. Your pretty lucky they will take em!

Yeah and he gets to make some money off them the first time at least. Then he gets lots of feeders....

squirt_12
10-09-2007, 11:02 PM
congrats....you said that they were pink convicts right????
Well i have never saw pink convicts personally.
Be prepared for LOTS of fry. lol.

country_boy454
10-10-2007, 02:14 AM
Here are some pics i have put on here of them. Also it was before i knew how to resize the pics!!

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=9500

squirt_12
10-10-2007, 02:19 AM
do you have pics of the eggs???

country_boy454
10-10-2007, 04:55 AM
No.... wish i could take some pics but i dropped my camera and now im waiting for it to get repaired.

squirt_12
10-11-2007, 12:54 AM
o well that sucks....well as son as you get it fixed take eithe rpics of the eggs (if they are still there) or of the fry. :)