PDA

View Full Version : Stress Coat for Marine Fishes

zackish
10-08-2007, 11:22 PM
I asked some friends who have great experience with marine fish and reefs and they all said they don't like to use Stress Coat in their aquariums because of "harmful irritants." I have never heard of this and I was wondering what you all put in your water for the fish as far as conditioner.
I am using pure R/o water so there is no chloramines or anything, I just want to treat the fish.

CAF
10-08-2007, 11:29 PM
I don't treat my SW.... or my fish in SW...

Haven't needed to yet...

gm72
10-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Is there a reason to treat the fish now? Injuries or something of the sort?

jttt3
10-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Most people don't treat their fish when they buy them. Some quaratine theirs first, then watch them, and then put them into the main tank, others drip acclamate, and some just float the suckers.

I've had it with the nemo-like clowns, they ship extremely poorly, so I quaratine them and treat them for ich and mold first, then put them into the main tank.

If you are medicating a fish, especially in SW, put them in a quaratine tank first, don't medicate your entire tank.

TowBoater
10-09-2007, 12:44 AM
I add no chemicals except de-chlorinate to my tank because I don't want to mess with the chemistry, I have to much invested in corals.

zackish
10-09-2007, 02:54 AM
Most people don't treat their fish when they buy them. Some quaratine theirs first, then watch them, and then put them into the main tank, others drip acclamate, and some just float the suckers.

I've had it with the nemo-like clowns, they ship extremely poorly, so I quaratine them and treat them for ich and mold first, then put them into the main tank.

If you are medicating a fish, especially in SW, put them in a quaratine tank first, don't medicate your entire tank.

I'm not going to medicate him. I got him from a really good LFS of mine and he's really healthy.