PDA

View Full Version : Excitement!!

zackish
10-08-2007, 09:44 PM
My clown fish is being drip acclimated as we speak for my 10 gallon nano.
I also picked up 2 patches of zoos which are temp. acclimating right now as well....

Drumachine09
10-08-2007, 09:45 PM
NOICE!!!

Did your replacement sattilite fixture come in yet?

When do we get pics?

CAF
10-08-2007, 09:46 PM
What color zoos did you get? And as has already been stated we want PICS!!!!

:18:

LOL

zackish
10-08-2007, 09:47 PM
This weekend I will have my GF get her camera or I will bring mine back.
Yes I got the replacement bulb. Kind of a long story but I thought it was broken again but I read online that "one side of the bulb will appear to be unlit because of the difference in range of the light".
So I think now my original one wasn't even broken but w/e.
I will send one of the bulbs back and still get my refund.

I gotta get some kind of fan working because my temp goes from whatever I have it set at to 82 degrees when the light is on.
The built in fan works but it is so damned loud me nor my roomate care to hear it.

zackish
10-08-2007, 09:50 PM
What color zoos did you get? And as has already been stated we want PICS!!!!

:18:

LOL

They are just regular maroon brownish ones. I got one batch that the my buddy gave me but I guess they are native to the atlantic ocean so we are unsure how they are going to do.
I am actually waiting for more frags like some mushrooms and stuff until the end of the month because my aquarium club gives free frags to newbies and or I can buy them for like $5 a pop vs. $20. I got a little more research to do on corals so it's good that I will have to wait.
I didn't get any inverts yet as I only have coralline algae growth so it would be kind of worthless.
I decided to get the one clown which I did today and whenever they get a firefish in I am going to pick one of those it. That's it as far as fish...just 2.
I think I am going to get a cleaner shrimp too rather than the coral banded.

Rue
10-09-2007, 02:27 AM
That IS exciting! Looking forward to pics! :19:

squirt_12
10-09-2007, 02:30 AM
very nice.....when he gets settled in we need PICS.

zackish
10-09-2007, 02:50 AM
ya he's swimmin around the same spot like a wimp now...prolly for a few more days i assume

coachfraley
10-09-2007, 04:08 AM
I gotta get some kind of fan working because my temp goes from whatever I have it set at to 82 degrees when the light is on.
The built in fan works but it is so damned loud me nor my roomate care to hear it.
Zackish,

If you rig up a computer fan to a variable voltage power adapter, you can turn the voltage down until the fan is quieter. All 12 volts of power usually isn't needed to keep the tank cool anyway.

Let me know if you need a better explanation.

Enjoy the clowns!!!!

cocoa_pleco
10-09-2007, 04:13 AM
ya he's swimmin around the same spot like a wimp now...prolly for a few more days i assume

probably. clowns and tangs need time to get used to the tank. when i moved my clown to the 55g, he stayed still for a few days, now he zooms allover. when i first got my yellow tang (3 days ago i think?), he stayed in the left corner of the tank, and finally will cruise around and eat algae as of today

zackish
10-09-2007, 04:26 AM
Ya coach fraley. I have been looking into the corallife cooling fans that you can put on the side of your tank.

As far as cocoa...my fish has an interesting story.
At my LFS he was in a 120 gallon with a lot of rock and stuff.
There were a lot of urchins in there too.
They sold all the rock and the other stuff and the clowns had no where to hide so they started hiding in the urchins. Now everyone knows that the urchins will close up. well the urchins closed up on about 3 clowns and this guy was left and my friend caught the urchin squeezing him up.
The fish was practically dead when he pulled it out and he just put it in a cup and kept helping customers. He comes back 2 hours later and the thing is swimming around healthy as can be. So he put it in a 6 gallon nano-cub until I picked it up today.

cocoa_pleco
10-09-2007, 01:43 PM
lol, when urchins attack!

Rue
10-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Hmmm...could make for a good scene in 'Finding Nemo - Urchins Unite!'

zackish
10-09-2007, 03:12 PM
cocoa how much did you pay for your tang and how big is it?

cocoa_pleco
10-09-2007, 09:34 PM
hes 100% fullgrown and show quality, and he was 50$ (got a special one from the back of the store), but they had a sale on tangs that day so he was $40. specialty stores here have them for $60, but aquagiant is cheap for everything