PDA

View Full Version : COD problem

Cod-MC
10-08-2007, 07:53 AM
hey all......i'm new...so might be askn newbie questions...
well i have a poblem and need some1 to help.... i have a dam with some murray cod....the other day i went fishing for some and caught a small 15cm cod that i decided to keep in my fish tank cos i think they look mad... i stored the cod in a bucket with some water from the dam...when i got home i transfered the cod into my tank which haves 4 silver perchs and an australian catfish....probably 30 mins after, my cod started to belly-up but still breathing...i got scared and took it out and placed it in my bath tub with cold tap water......and suprisingly after 10 mins it was swimming perfectly.... the next day i tried to put it back into the tank and same thing happened (belly-up) so now its back in the bath tub swimming fine again..........

question is...... whats going on?????? and what do i do to put it into my fish tank alive????

Buppy
10-08-2007, 11:06 PM
sounds like it likes dirty water! lol. maybe its used to having unconditioned water and the conditioned water is bothering it?

CAF
10-08-2007, 11:12 PM
What are your water stats? pH, temp, Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates, etc...

zackish
10-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Is your tank a saltwater tank or FW?

Cod-MC
10-09-2007, 12:22 AM
the tank is FW......dono about the water stats.....and it can't jux be dirty water cos now i've got it in the bath tub with jux cold tap water (around 14 degree celius) and its swimming fine. at one time i put it into a tank with gold fish which was 14 degrees too and it was about to belly-up after 30 mins...

any ideas guys??????

gm72
10-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Cod-MC, if you live in Australia you are violating federal law by possessing that cod.

http://www.environment.gov.au/biodiversity/threatened/publications/murray-cod.html

Drumachine09
10-09-2007, 12:48 AM
Yup, hes in australia. Quick IP trace.

Im sorry, Cod, we cannot help you here, as that would be violating the law.