PDA

View Full Version : just wondering

kid_fishboy13
10-06-2007, 02:21 PM
can a common and a rhino pleco cross breed? i have a pleco who fits the description of a common in every way EXCEPT its two 'horns' just above its nostrils. i just started noticing this as it began growing sharp(trust me VERY SHARP) little spikes down her sides and along the front edge of her fins. is this natural?

the fact that its all happening at once sounds kinda like fish puberty :hmm3grin2orange: lol

blu
10-08-2007, 05:56 PM
growing spikes down its side? Mabey its turning into a raphael catfish lol.
I have never seen a pleco with spikes down its side.

CAF
10-08-2007, 06:27 PM
can a common and a rhino pleco cross breed? i have a pleco who fits the description of a common in every way EXCEPT its two 'horns' just above its nostrils. i just started noticing this as it began growing sharp(trust me VERY SHARP) little spikes down her sides and along the front edge of her fins. is this natural?

the fact that its all happening at once sounds kinda like fish puberty :hmm3grin2orange: lol

There are over 500 species of plecos... and more are discovered every day. You may have an undescribed speicmen or a hybrid. Go check out Pleco Fanatics. They may be able to ID it for you there as they are specilized...