PDA

View Full Version : Two weeks old!

ruecole
10-04-2007, 05:42 PM
My danio fry are now two weeks old! They're still super tiny, but I noticed the two bigger ones are developing tail fins!

They're still living in the plastic bag because I just don't trust those gouramis not to figure out a way to finish them off! But I've been diligently changing the water every day, or every other day and feeding them two-three times a day. They've all got fat little bellies and seem full of energy, so I think they're getting enough to eat.

thumbs2:

Rue

CAF
10-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Congrats Rue Secundus!!!! If you have a small container you can move them there until they get a little larger and need an upgrade in tank size.

ruecole
10-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks, CAF.

I do have a juice pitcher that I've used before as a hospital tank, but I'm worried about the babies getting too cold (my house isn't very warm), so that's why kept them in the bag floating at the top of the tank. I'm hoping once they're big enough to return them to the breeder net. (Bloody gouramis... :smad:)

Rue

CAF
10-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks, CAF.

I do have a juice pitcher that I've used before as a hospital tank, but I'm worried about the babies getting too cold (my house isn't very warm), so that's why kept them in the bag floating at the top of the tank. I'm hoping once they're big enough to return them to the breeder net. (Bloody gouramis... :smad:)

Rue
Do you have a tupper you are willing to sacrifice? If so get one and float it in the top of the tank, you will still need to do WCs on it, but it is a little sturdier and easier to deal with than a bag.

ruecole
10-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Ooh! Good idea. I bet I can find a cheapo one at the dollar store.

(And, yes, the bag can be a pain! :rolleyes:)

Thanks!

Rue

CAF
10-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Ooh! Good idea. I bet I can find a cheapo one at the dollar store.

(And, yes, the bag can be a pain! :rolleyes:)

Thanks!

Rue

LOL They are what I use occasionally. I wish I had thought of it earlier for you...

my apologies... ::looks sheepish:: baaaa

ruecole
10-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Hey, no worries.

My babies seem fat and happy. The gouramis can't eat them. And that's good enough for me. :hmm3grin2orange:

Rue

CAF
10-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Hey, no worries.

My babies seem fat and happy. The gouramis can't eat them. And that's good enough for me. :hmm3grin2orange:

Rue
Well as long as you are happy.... LOL