PDA

View Full Version : aquarium decoration not pumping air through all holes...

scriptwiz05
10-03-2007, 01:56 AM
hey there, just got a 55 gallon tank, everything set up. put in a big decoration as my main center piece which has about 10 holes very close to eachother in a circle for air bubbles. i have an air pump that is designed for tanks up to 30 gallons but the girl at petsmart said it would be ok for the 55 gallon since im really only wanting to use it for the air bubbles in the decoration. I have the pump attached to the hose and place the hose under the decoration however, i notic the bubbles are only coming out of the main hole and not the other lil holes. is this common? or is this because i have a pump that is meant for 30 gallons in a 55 gallon tank? thanks from a newbie

gm72
10-03-2007, 01:58 AM
The holes are either clogged or your pump isn't strong enough to drive enough air through the entire decoration.

cocoa_pleco
10-03-2007, 01:58 AM
hmm, maybe try a larger pump so that there is more air to flow to the other holes

Lady Hobbs
10-03-2007, 02:03 AM
I have one of those round bubblers and I've placed that under decorations before. You get losts of bubbles with a bubbler and only one bubble at a time using just the air line.

lasm
10-03-2007, 02:37 AM
You should get an air pump designed for 55g tanks.

By using a smaller one you are demanding more than the air pump capacity. The water pressure of course is greater in your 55 than it would be in a 30g. The service-life of your air pump will be significantly reduced.