PDA

View Full Version : Bumblebee Goby

Nikita706
10-02-2007, 06:38 PM
So, I've been drooling over these Bumblebee Gobys at the pet store. I know they probably wouldn't do well in our 10g, but how would they be in a 45-50g freshwater community tank (we'll be getting one in the distant future)?

Futureboy
10-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Ive got some in a 30 and they do fine they dont bother the other fish and no one bothers them

they are really cool fish to watch actually they sit on the glass and rocks and leaves like plecos and generally just tumbel around alot with each other

just make sure you have enough little caves for each of them as they are ment to get territorial of them but i made some up for mine and they seem to like the open water better so i dunno

anyway they are lovely fish

oh and another thing is they are ambush predators so they like to wait for food to drift by them and then strike so they probably shouldnt be kept with really fast eaters

CAF
10-03-2007, 08:27 PM
I absolutely love the look of the little guys... I have been pondering the addition of them to one of my tanks for a while. So if you get any I'd be interested in knowing how things go with them.

Kaga's Kritters
10-03-2007, 08:36 PM
i have one in my 10 gal, i plan on getting him some buddys in the near future though too. i read they do well in groups. they are very cool little creatures and fun to watch.

Nikita706
10-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Perhaps when some room opens up in my 10g, I'll give them a try. I can always take them back if they get too territorial because it's a smaller tank.

Thanks guys!