PDA

View Full Version : I need to vent..

Bettalvr84
10-01-2007, 03:18 PM
I was at Walmart yesterday looking at the betta fish and I saw a red betta that looked like he had been beaten up pretty badly. I bent down to look at him and their was another betta in that tiny little cup with him! It made me so angry. I told one of the employees and she said she would have it taken care of. I went back this morning to pick up some pictures i dropped off yesterday, I walked by the pet department to see if they were still alive. They were in their own cups this morning, but they both looked so terrible. I wanted to buy them b/c i didn't think anyone would want them in the condition that they were in. I live in an apartment and i already have 3 Bettas. I have no room for them, but i feel sorry for them....enough rambling for now!

AquaQueen
10-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Yea I can see why you would need to vent. I would be pretty PO'D too...they are not the best at keeping fish...thankfully my local walmarts do NOT carry any live animals or fish...I try to refrain from looking at pets if I know they are not kept in good conditions...it just breaks my heart and I will speak up and have been asked not to come back to a store for blowing up(over the conditions 5 baby ducks were being kept in until they were sold) I see things this way only... They are helpless animals if we choose to keep them as pets, who are we not to provide the things they would need in the WILD! It makes me sick how people can get a pet and then after the hype of having that new pet wears off they dont care for the poor thing like they did in the beginning...and some people dont think so but I think it does a number on that pet's mental state, I do believe pets can be sad, depressed, lonely...etc. I feel for them...I praise you for speaking up to Wal-Mart. I think they ALL should be done with Carrying anything Living it would probably even save them money from all the fish they KILL!! I too am now on a roll with the venting...lol I would call the corporate office for Wal-Mart and complain about the way they keep the fish at your local stores...I told everyone that would listen around here and our stores stopped carrying them for about 2 yrs now.

kimmers318
10-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Feel free to vent all you want.....most of us have been there and it makes a person feel good to talk to someone who understands!

Nick89
10-02-2007, 08:01 PM
why they keep the bettas in a little cup i wont know.

CAF
10-02-2007, 08:18 PM
why they keep the bettas in a little cup i wont know.
Because the fish being Anabantoids can breathe from the oxygen in the air. They can save space and still have the fish. You do not even want me to go into how the poor things are shipped from the breeders in Asia...

::shudders in rage and indignation::