PDA

View Full Version : The Fish Killed The Other Fish

fotoladysince9
11-17-2012, 07:41 PM
My last post, I was suppose to go back to PetSmart and find out what type of fish I had. It was only 2 fish, but if you recall me explaining one was a bully. I grew so angry towards the fish I flushed it down the toilet.

It was too late because the other fish hadn't eaten because the bully wouldn't allow him/her too. It hid behind the filtration system all day and night. If it ever tried to come out to eat it would bite it's fins. It reached the point where it couldn't swim and died. I felt really bad.

After I removed the dead fish, my tank became a bit cloudy and it looked like bubbles were forming at the top of the water. Eventually the bubbles went away. My question is what were the bubbles from?

:scry: (blush)

Knightia
11-17-2012, 07:45 PM
You flushed a fish down the toilet...alive?

Not acceptable. :scry: :scry: :scry: :scry: They're animals, not moralising human beings.

Azurescriber
11-18-2012, 02:03 AM
Do the hobby a favor and NEVER keep fish again. It was likely a "bully" because you improperly stocked your tank, and its nature dictated that it must fight intruders in its territory.

That's just cruel and thoughtless. Why wouldn't you return it or give it away instead???

Rocksor
11-18-2012, 02:09 AM
why didnt you just remove the bully when you saw the bullying happen?

chocological
11-18-2012, 03:52 AM
You got angry... At a fish?
To answer your question.. I don't know what the bubbles were from.

Besides, fish are not "bullies". They don't have that kind of emotion. They're pretty wild creatures, and are only acting as nature intended them to. Your tank is supposed to be a safe habitat, and it's your responsibility to keep it as such. Flushing the fish because you were mad at it... Maybe the others are right. Maybe this is not the hobby for you.
When house training a new puppy, you don't kill it if it does something you don't like, right? Same thing.

Rave
11-18-2012, 08:12 AM
OK, im going to try not to flame here.
1st ... please dont flush live fish.

However she did mention the fish dying so im not going to jump to that, perhaps she just worded it wrong.

since you did not know what type of fish, it could have been a beta or gourami, among others these can make bubble nests. and are known to be somewhat aggressive.

If not that, if you have an overhang filter when the water comes out it hits the water, this can cause bubbles.

Pictures would help. tank size, temp, and any current fish.

Amelia
11-18-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm sorry but that is just awful. You should not keep fish -- or any pets for that matter.