PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!!!

Gelo_USA
09-29-2007, 03:32 PM
heyy guys... i had disappeared for a while... too much work....
but ok... I have a biggggg problemm... from yesterday to today... one of my platys started nipping the angel .. I thought he would stop so I didnt bother much... today I woke up and my angel is swimming all funny and his tail fin is all beat up....
what should I do to save it??? I really dont want my angel to die...... any medicine tht will make the fins grow back... I will buy a breeding net and place the angel in it until its better.... or place the platy thts nipping the angel I dnt knw yet... but I dnt want my angel to die.. and It was kind of my fault I should have separated them yesterday but I didnt think it was going to be this bad over night.....
thanks.....

cocoa_pleco
09-29-2007, 03:39 PM
separate the angel, and add melafix and pimafix

good to see you back!

Gelo_USA
09-29-2007, 04:19 PM
I m gonna separate it with a breeding net or something.... and when I put the medicine I should put it on a different container right?? or I could put it on the main tank?

Futureboy
09-29-2007, 05:03 PM
If you have a hospital tank i would use that

No point medicating the other fish that dont need it

Gelo_USA
09-29-2007, 05:49 PM
I guess there is no problem cause its all natural the medicine pleco recommended but I was thinking about putting it on a different container only to use the med leave it there for about an hour and return it to the main tank separated from the other fish
its already separated and I will go to petco go now get the meds...

mariposa
09-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Now this is a change of pace. Usually its the angel doing the harassing. I have questioned putting Angels in with my danios and playts b/c I thought they would hurt them..now I guess I should rethink it some more if my platy could attack the angel. Good luck with the angel. ***crossing my fingers for her***

Gelo_USA
10-02-2007, 12:00 AM
hey guys...
I dnt think hes gonna make itt....
the ramifications on the fin are growing fast but the fin it self looks like its rotting and there is a cotton like think around it.....

I am keeping it in a bucket with filter air pump and gravel... not cycled but I am doing 2 thirds or more water changes everyday with water from my cycled tank.... and putting the ammount of medicine...
I see he tries to eat but he cant swim but at leat hes moving his fin again... and before he wasnt even moving it...

squirt_12
10-02-2007, 12:41 AM
i am very sorry to hear that but hopefully he will pull through and make it. :(

Gelo_USA
10-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Hey PPL good news.... the fin is still small but it has no fungus anymore... its all clean the color it should be....
should I keep treating till the tail gets bigger or should I replace the angel on the main tank????
the tail is about half of what u see on my display pic and the color is darker...

CAF
10-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Hey PPL good news.... the fin is still small but it has no fungus anymore... its all clean the color it should be....
should I keep treating till the tail gets bigger or should I replace the angel on the main tank????
the tail is about half of what u see on my display pic and the color is darker...

The fins will regenerate so long as there are no other problems...

Gelo_USA
11-03-2007, 02:28 PM
sorry for not reporting back...
angel is 100% fine I tried putting it back on my 40g where it was but my other fish wont leave it alone so I set up the 10 gallon I have and got another angel so now I have 2.....
the ten gallon tank is only for now... I will be upgrading as soon as possible....

gem
11-03-2007, 02:36 PM
good to hear that he's doing better. And that you will be upgrading soon. I think I would have put the platy in the 10 and the angel back in the larger tank. the 10 would be more suited for your platy. then...I don't know how big your angel is...sooo. But good to hear you'll be upgrading. they need a tall tank.
German Rams are a good match to keep with Angels....for future reference. = )

Lady Hobbs
11-03-2007, 06:48 PM
I had damaged fins before due to angels own aggression but once separated, all I did was give them plenty of good clean water and the fins grew back quickly doing nothing more.

I had no problem with anything bothering my angels because they bothered everything first. :) They went after the coreys and featherfin, ate neons, chased everything else and a host of other problems. I find they do very, very well........a mated pair in a 20-29 gallon tank alone. Due to all stress removed from their way, they are also less likely to eat their eggs as well.

Nice to see you again!