PDA

View Full Version : 1 year

Incredulous_Ed
09-28-2007, 09:34 PM
If you could, would you see where you would be in a year from now? Where do you honestly think you will be?

I was thinking about this last night but then I dozed off. Shows how philisophical I am.

cocoa_pleco
09-28-2007, 09:36 PM
i could kinda see where i would be, i fear change:9:

Drumachine09
09-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Probobly right here. In two years, possibly at KU studying Ecology and the like. Eventually, I would like to make it out to Australia after college to make a living there. I think that would be awesome.

CAF
09-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Hopefully able to make my own hours working from home, or better yet not working at all because of some windfall.... ::sigh::

more likely: Working at a new job with much better pay.

sweetthing26
09-28-2007, 10:00 PM
I see myself in about a year geting married....moving away from michigan, taking class to become a VA....being a parttime,sugarglider breeder plus guppy breeder.......its just hard too what you will doing in about a year....this is just what I would like too happen...but we never know do we...just hope for the best...smiles from lizzy

cocoa_pleco
09-28-2007, 10:04 PM
besides my fear of change, i would see myself at work. i dont want to go to any stupid university and do more school than i already had to put up with so im doing 1 year of criminal tech then becoming a cop.

maybe in 2-3 years go on another vacation, europe this year did me in so maybe africa or australia next

gm72
09-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Still in the same house with the same job. But more fishtanks!

CAF
09-28-2007, 10:23 PM
besides my fear of change, i would see myself at work. i dont want to go to any stupid university and do more school than i already had to put up with so im doing 1 year of criminal tech then becoming a cop.

maybe in 2-3 years go on another vacation, europe this year did me in so maybe africa or australia next

Did that for 4 years cocoa... I miss it sometimes... then again, some times I don't. I REALLY don't miss all of the politics...

cocoa_pleco
09-28-2007, 10:27 PM
sweet, you were a cop?

in a month i go cruise with a officer just to see what he does, then after that im going to apply

CAF
09-28-2007, 10:40 PM
sweet, you were a cop?

in a month i go cruise with a officer just to see what he does, then after that im going to apply
LOL yes... 6 years Army, 4 years LE, 5 years IT/customer service.

I can tell you what he does... a LOT of paperwork... 5 minutes of real COP work, then 4 hours of @#@$%#@% paperwork... ::sighs:: and people wonder why we throw the book at them when they're stupid...

~Erik3.8.07~
09-28-2007, 10:42 PM
in a year i will be right here and a senior in high school, same old crappy base housing and same wonerful girlfriend, same old good times with friends only thing different will be a job, but i am definitly cool with that :)

MeganL3985
09-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Hmm.....I hope to be finished with school in a year, but I wont be working until my daughter starts kindergarten (about 2 years). My husband is also in school, for graphic design & advertising. Lately getting offers from car magazines to take pictures for them. So if things go good, maybe getting more offers like that and if so, i'm sure I'll be helping him some how. Other than that...I just see myself in the same place i'm at now. Stay at home mom, student and helping my husband out when I can.

CAF
09-28-2007, 10:45 PM
in a year i will be right here and a senior in high school, same old crappy base housing and same wonerful girlfriend, same old good times with friends only thing different will be a job, but i am definitly cool with that :)
Oh please, you're on an air force base! As if anything there were crap... Come on over to an army base sometime my young friend... I show you some stuff that will open your eyes. My last base had been condemned by the Air Force for over 50 years before I even got there...

::LOL::

MeganL3985
09-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Oh please, you're on an air force base! As if anything there were crap... Come on over to an army base sometime my young friend... I show you some stuff that will open your eyes. My last base had been condemned by the Air Force for over 50 years before I even got there...

Yuck...I hear you on that. Thankfully they're tearing down the old sh*t and replacing it with new housing here! lol

~Erik3.8.07~
09-28-2007, 10:56 PM

lol i know what the army housing is like, were right next door to fort dix (actually mcguire and dix are merging to one big base) but there was a survey done not to long ago on a.f. housing that rated mcguire as the second worst housing in the air force, so its not much better

CAF
09-28-2007, 11:00 PM
lol i know what the army housing is like, were right next door to fort dix (actually mcguire and dix are merging to one big base) but there was a survey done not to long ago on a.f. housing that rated mcguire as the second worst housing in the air force, so its not much better

2nd Worse AFB is still WAY better than the average AB... Not to mention I was on an old Army Airfield that had never had any upgrades done to it. I understand that recently changed but it didn't do me any good at the time. I grew up outside of March AFB so I KNOW what sort of goodies the AF pukes get... Bunch of pogues and REMFS.

(It's just the bitter grapes of envy folks, I don't really have any problems with the Air Force.)

~Erik3.8.07~
09-28-2007, 11:04 PM
well i'll know how it'll be soon, im doing 4 years of army after high school to fly blackhawks:thumb:

squirt_12
09-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Well in a year i see myself being in grade 11 at my highschool and studying ALOT about chemistry, physics, biology, calculus (sp?) and pretty well every math that i can get.
So well my schooling sound sboring...but fun.
And well i HOPE to have more fish tanks.

THen after highschool (like 3 years) i want to go to either Vancouver or Australia to go to school. Vancouver for marine biology or Australia for zoology. Havn't made up my mind yet.

CAF
09-28-2007, 11:08 PM
well i'll know how it'll be soon, im doing 4 years of army after high school to fly blackhawks:thumb:
That's my bird! I mean MY bird, I only let you officer types fly it out of the goodness of my heart. Make sure you listen to your crewchief, mine didn't and he crashed us into a mountain, the idiot. Come to think of it he was an AF Brat too... hmm... ::looks meaningfully at Erik::

~Erik3.8.07~
09-28-2007, 11:13 PM
IM SORRY!!! lol we a.f. brats are only good at jets not helicopters =P

CAF
09-28-2007, 11:14 PM
IM SORRY!!! lol we a.f. brats are only good at jets not helicopters =P
Thats why the AF has jets, and the Army has the Helicopters

~Erik3.8.07~
09-28-2007, 11:17 PM
actually do you know how well the marines are with there helicopters? like better training or something, my brother joinded the marines and i was thinking maybe to follow in his footsteps and join up too, but not if its worst

CAF
09-28-2007, 11:33 PM
actually do you know how well the marines are with there helicopters? like better training or something, my brother joinded the marines and i was thinking maybe to follow in his footsteps and join up too, but not if its worst
Marines aren't too bad, although you will have to have some time aboard ship.

Incredulous_Ed
09-29-2007, 01:52 AM
In a year, I will live in the same house, still be in high school, not sure even have the same friends. Also, in one year I will most likely lose my job because there is a large chance of the studio shutting down. Then, I'll work in a fish store. :)

Oh, and I definetly see myself at AC.